rsk question

Reaction score
I don't fully understand your question, but sky manufacturing makes a 3" and a 5" shackle reversal.
I have a 3" kit with 6" springs = 9". I like there kits easy to install!

Krause

Reaction score
Its Just a longer drop bracket in the front. The front hanger just 'hangs' down an extra 2 inches (i believe, the geometry might not be exactly that, but you get the picture ,in general the bracket just drops lower in the front). Just installed mine last weekend, the bracket is obvious in the front, but if you have it Powder coated or painted nicely, i dont find it in bad taste at all.
As mentioned above, you can combine lift spring with any RSK to make more lift, but the difference between a 3" and 5 " is the bracket not the springs. And FWIW springs do now come with the RSK :)
Krause

95dieselsmoke

Reaction score
So what are you guys with the RSK doin for the back srpings? Are you installing the rear RSK... or adding a bigger block to make up the difference?

Tom S

Reaction score
My initial plan is to sway the 2 inch F250 blocks to the 4" F350 blocks in the back.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I understand that but with the lift I have on it now, I imagine if I were to add lets say the 3" to the front then that would make truck look alot lower in the back...I couldnt handle the look of that .
It didn't click in my head before who you were... yeah if you go with a 3" RSK you'll need to find new taller rear blocks or different springs or you'll end up with the Cali lean.

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Its Just a longer drop bracket in the front. The front hanger just 'hangs' down an extra 2 inches (i believe, the geometry might not be exactly that, but you get the picture ,in general the bracket just drops lower in the front). Just installed mine last weekend, the bracket is obvious in the front, but if you have it Powder coated or painted nicely, i dont find it in bad taste at all.
As mentioned above, you can combine lift spring with any RSK to make more lift, but the difference between a 3" and 5 " is the bracket not the springs. And FWIW springs do now come with the RSK :)
Krause

Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get more lift. I've allready got 6 inch springs upfront.
I planned on using the rsk up front and a 5 or6 inch block in the rear

95dieselsmoke

Reaction score
It didn't click in my head before who you were... yeah if you go with a 3" RSK you'll need to find new taller rear blocks or different springs or you'll end up with the Cali lean.

Nice to see you here also, Chase:D

But yeah, I have an all spring lift right now so I could always add a small block to the rear

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
So what are you guys with the RSK doin for the back srpings? Are you installing the rear RSK... or adding a bigger block to make up the difference?

I did the 3" SKY RSK and V code SD springs in the front. For the rear I took out my stock F250 block(2.5") and put in a 5" block, under my stock rear springs.
20110521154126.jpg

On my CCLB I used a ORU RSK in the front with 4" Superlift (OBS)front springs(removed 2 leaves) For the rear I put a 6" Skyjacker leaf pack(w a fitted add-a-leaf) on top of the factory 4" block
DSC00370.jpg

CKBed

Reaction score
Mines got the 5" RSK in it from SKY. For reference, its got stock 350 springs up front, sits almost level with the 4" blocks in the back. The only gay part is havin the damn hanger hangin that far down

Attachments

• DSCN03841.JPG
    DSCN03841.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 45

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get more lift. I've allready got 6 inch springs upfront.
I planned on using the rsk up front and a 5 or6 inch block in the rear

If?? your planing on keeping the lift springs you will need crossover steering..I'd use Icon rear SD lift springs not blocks as the axle wrap can get out of hand. DS mods will also be needed.

Just a FYI if your wanting the best ride quality that will be with our RS kit-V and B code mod..will be level with F350 rear blocks and clear 35" tires.

Cary

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Mines got the 5" RSK in it from SKY. For reference, its got stock 350 springs up front, sits almost level with the 4" blocks in the back. The only gay part is havin the damn hanger hangin that far down
Stock rear springs with F350 blocks, and a 5" RSK with stock 350 springs and no Cali lean? Maybe Whitey had the 5" RSK after all, I thought it was the 3"...

95dieselsmoke

Reaction score

That turned out nice Cody, did you do a cross over steering setup? Any close up of the rsk installed?

Latest posts

Members online