finally tuned- IDP tuning review inside!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I took a drive over to Eric's shop and picked up my SCT in person for my 6.7. As you all may be familiar, I've been running the Torq2 since 500 miles and have been really happy with that box, but I wanted something a bit more.
I've been waiting for Eric's tunes, patiently, and the day has come. Without wasting many words- it was worth the wait!
I had the Torq2 in place and I chose to stack to tuner with the pressure box and it's a wicked combo. Everything Eric has been known for comes with these newest tunes. Trans shifting- perfect and sure. Gobs of low end power, only a push of the pedal away. His tuning definitely wakes the truck up in a big way!
Is my DPF still on? Yes. Do I mind it? No. The truck is stealthy and after discussing this point with Eric in depth, I may never take it off. The truck runs so efficiently and as for me, being a fast and (kind of) quiet truck is better than being heard a few blocks away or possibly having a drone on the highway. But that's me.

I'm running Eric's tow tune with the Torq2 on 100% and don't have a single issue. He recommended doing this as the T2 raises rail pressure in a different way than just tuning, so you get the drivability and great shifting of the tune, with extra power from the Torq2. He said this tuner/box combo is comparable if not more powerful than the race tune he has available. The spool up is nearly instant and the torque down low is just brutal. Fwiw- I did a few passes in the truck and it runs best when traction control is on. Something about it, but it runs like a raped ape from either a stand still or from a roll. With the TC off, it was holding back some.
I saw about a 1.5mpg gain driving home, but I was to anxious to romp on it, so I'll report back some better mpg when the newness wares on me... But don't hold your breathe lol

I'll try and get some in cab videos. But it's a solid driver. All the truck has is intake, Torq2, and a tune. I'm impressed. Only thing I'll be adding is a 5" DPF back exhaust that I also picked out of santa's work shop in Maryland.

Word on the street is that Eric may actually do a Torq2/SCT combo some time soon for those in need of some extra horsepower for their 6.7 and there will be specific Torq2 tunes coming out as well. :naughty:

To sum it all up: IDP tuned vs. just the Torq2, I'd say this feels every bit of 50+hp stronger than the box alone and the trans shifting by itself is worth the upgrade. It is nearly night and day. This truck pulls REAL hard!

Extra 3.5rwhp cause the man himself plugged it in:
68258bdc.jpg

Thanks Eric! You hit it out of the park again!

Mpoage

Reaction score
Is he gonna be able to do dpf off stuff with sct discontinuing the off-road Devices?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Is he gonna be able to do dpf off stuff with sct discontinuing the off-road Devices?
For now- Eric is releasing DPF on tuning. I can't really speak on the future, as I don't know much, but he may think of a work around in some sort.
Ginger tuning is no ordinary tuning :D

Congrats Nate. Happy for you bro
LOL! It is for sure. Thanks bud! :D

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
If the MPG's are above 18 on the highway I'd throw my DPF back on too. Of course my wheels and tires aren't helping my cause.

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Hell ya. I'm getting about 17-18 stock now. If I could keep that and the dpf and make more power I'd be a happy camper.

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
I never thought i'd see the day where i'd be making respectable powa and still have a DPF under the truck. Good job Eric!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I don't recall, did you get a b4 et?

I didn't. Been running the Torq2 and intake since day 2 of ownership, so my times would be a touch skewed anyway.
Eric mentioned that he's seen around 14.1s before with his tuning combo set up the way I have. As usual, varies from truck to truck.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
On my way home tonight I found some nice straight road, so I thought I'd do a quick acceleration video.
Truck is on 22" wheels, 35" nitto terra's, and engine mods are only AFE intake, Torq2 @100%, Innovative Tow Tune, and bone stock exhaust WITH DPF on. This video was taken in 2wd with traction control and no boosted launch as you'll see in the vid.
Truck had about 500 pounds in the bed too. Coming home from Home Depot with stone and wood.

th_7c7d8a0b.jpg

^ Click to watch. it's a photo bucket vid. Any issues, let me know.

Last edited:

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
This is awesome. I have an SCT SF3 tuner sitting in my garage at home but SCT doesn't have a tune for my specific ECU. I'm anxious to try one out but I am really interested in this custom tune you're showing off. Is it available to download? Forgive me as I am a noob when it comes to tuning but I learn fast.

You also mentioned you wanted to put on a 5" DPF back exhaust. I just did and really like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLPi4MDzT_I

Latest posts

Members online