AE Only Shows Generic

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Having issues with my AE. Upon connection it only shows the generic OBDII option. Obviously, the test tab is useless under generic.

Its been awhile since Ive used it so I'm hoping it's operator error. Last time I pulled it out everything worked fine though. I don't think I changed any settings since then.

Any ideas?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Might need to get in touch with them to get another set of activation codes. Mine did that a couple months ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
try re entering your activation code? also they have version 10. out now so if your still eligible for an upgrade go for it if not it may be worth the money to renew depending on what version you have ,,

there were also a lot of Pirated units sold that do not work anymore so hopefully thats not your case

Manny will Help you out if you can't get it sorted

[email protected]

Last edited:

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
there were also a lot of Pirated units sold that do not work anymore so hopefully thats not your case
I sure wouldn't think so. I bought it from Strictly back before the name changes.

I'll look into the activation code. Thanks for the tip guys.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
I'm a dumbass. All I needed to do was re-enter my activation code and all is well. Looks like my "cold stiction" issue I thought I had isn't stiction at all. The Rev-X is still keeping them together after all.

My batteries are just under 12v KOEO. Lovely, I just replaced them in the spring.

One thing concerns me though. My FICM voltage showed 48.0v initally, but dropped to 40.0v once running. I imagine it's lower than that. I'd better get that sorted out before it does take out some sticks. Bummer.

Thanks again guys!

windrunner408

Reaction score
I think that is next on my to buy list. I think for the money it is tough to beat. How long are you able to get updates for it after you buy it??

Zmann

Reaction score
you have to have a current subscription or you can renew at any time then just download ,, you may get a new activation code ,, and may require the dongle or can actually request a previous version also and that may not need the dongle (not sure ?)see link

http://www.autoenginuity.com/downloads.shtml

Zmann

Reaction score
I think that is next on my to buy list. I think for the money it is tough to beat. How long are you able to get updates for it after you buy it??

You can update as many times as they become available for 1 year .. then read below

What is the update policy for the enhanced options?

The first 12 months of enhanced option updates, from the date of purchase, are free; for another 12 months of updates the cost is 50.00 USD (Item #AC-Single) for one enhancement, 75.00 USD (Item #AC10-1) for up to three enhancements, or one region (Domestic, Asian, or European), 150.00 USD for 4 to 10 expansions (Item #AC10-2), or for a ProLine Bundle; and 225.00 USD for a ProLine bundle with any additional coverage (Item #AC10-3), per 12 month period. You are not required to purchase updates and can continue to operate the existing enhanced version for as long as you'd like. After a 12 month period the server will only make activation codes for the previous version unless the account is made current. You are also allowed to skip years and are not required to purchase the skipped years when you do choose to update your enhanced options.

The enhanced options update frequency averages 4 times per 12 month period. Unlike most PC-based software that doesn't provide competitive products to the factory tools, our updates include significant amounts of new enhanced coverage for a diverse set of manufacturers. The engineering effort is considerable to implement this constant and diverse new coverage for service professional-level tools; for that reason we are required to charge for our enhanced coverage updates. Comparing our updates cost to the competing manufacturers' factory tool's update cost will reveal our cost structure to be an amazing bargain.

I do not work for them nor have never been paid by them ,, they are just in my neck of the woods and I did a lot of research before I dropped my $$

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online