trans problem???

8luggin

Reaction score
yesterday i was driving and came up on a red light and slowed down and the truck down shifted and it felt like a damn car rear ended me. then tonight it did it and i gave it some fuel and it acted like it was in neutral for a second?? but i let out then gave it a little fuel and it went on so idk whats going on

kevin

Reaction score
Mine started doing that about 2 weeks before it took a dump again... Should have my nadp trans by next Friday :rockon:

kevin

Reaction score
Mine started slamming like that when I was coasting to a stop, It didn't do it all the time but it got more frequent , Then one day just driving down the road it was like the brakes came on and it got so hot it boiled the atf out the dip stick tube... I was wondering if it was a solinoid issue locking 2 clutches at once? Just a guess

8luggin

Reaction score
thats what mine is doing exactly like you said in the first sentence. my reverse has been weird since i bought the truck before i put the spartan on it. when you put it in reverse and give it gas right away it kinda shudders. but if you stay on the brake for a few sec then give it fuel it wont do it

kevin

Reaction score
The reverse shudder is what happend to my first tranny lol the direct cluches were toast... Sorry to say it bud but your tranny is on its way out..

Latest posts

Members online