4th Trans rebuild since summer

Bongiardina

Reaction score
I had my trans Rebuilt durring the summer only to have it fail on me approximately every other month!!

The shop is highly reputable and has been featured in a few diesel truck magazines.

They say the problem every time is that the trans line pressure has spiked to somewhere between 400-500lbs when they look at the data log.

He originally blamed it on the tuner but now doesnt think its the tuner but thinks it might be an issue with the computer or maybe the TCM.

Anyone have any input on what might cause the pressure to spike like that?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
what shop if you dont mind me asking. Just bc theyre in magazines doesnt necessarily make them good

Dzchey21

Reaction score
sounds like a purple trans problem...

Did they want you to install a ats co-pilot as well to help figure it out?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I had my trans Rebuilt durring the summer only to have it fail on me approximately every other month!!

The shop is highly reputable and has been featured in a few diesel truck magazines.

They say the problem every time is that the trans line pressure has spiked to somewhere between 400-500lbs when they look at the data log.

He originally blamed it on the tuner but now doesnt think its the tuner but thinks it might be an issue with the computer or maybe the TCM.

Anyone have any input on what might cause the pressure to spike like that?

Whose parts?

Just say ATS ***ked you so we know where to lead you from here LOL

Spatel23

Reaction score
If the only mods you have are tuner, intake, and exhaust theres no way in heck you should be going through transmissions.

Most likely its the builder. Are you willing to try someone else once you get your money back or are you commited to this builder?

Dave

Reaction score
4 rebuilds since summer isnt a tuning issue. its a crap shop issue.

chromehound

Reaction score
The only time I've ever seen a transmission go on a non pull/drag truck anywhere near that often is through abuse and that was two in one year on my buddies iron hauling truck. The shop may be willing to rebuild it over and over but you're not gaining anything, in fact with down time you're on the losing end. If it were me I'd find a new shop and either get a lawyer involved to handle the old shop or just cut your losses and be done with them.

Where are you located? I'm sure more than a few of us know of good places to get it done the right way.

Bongiardina

Reaction score
I'm in Northern NJ.

I havent driven the truck hard since I had the trans rebuilt the first time!

This time when it went I was coasting down a hill the truck stalled and when i started it back up the trans was gone!!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
They need to test the pump. Make sure it's workings at full capacity. Especially if they are gonna be doing another rebuild for you.

Bongiardina

Reaction score
They have it so they will fix it again for now.

but everytime it has gone since they rebuilt it. It has grenaded the torq converter and one of the times it also snapped the input shaft.

and again I am very easy on the truck.

chromehound

Reaction score
I hope it lasts this time, if not I'd be looking at having someone else do it because since you're not hotrodding around and what not and it's failing that bad then the builder isn't doing something right.

Bongiardina

Reaction score
I agree if its not corrected for good this time I will have to do something else!

He says its something going out of whack with the computer or something along those lines!

Level 10 is the name of the shop

He's been working with both Spartan and Innovative trying to figure out the problem.

Latest posts

Members online