155s or 175s with stock nozzles

Dave

Reaction score
What kind of gains can be expected with either of the above?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
stock nozzles and the right tuning there really shouldnt be too much difference between 175's and 190's but i'd ask Jeremey what he says

Dave

Reaction score
I tend to agree Shawn but its half the money and Im not looking for huge power

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea but why go half way?? I guess if you think you will be satisfied then sure but otherwise you are going to pay half now. Then tear into it again and pay the other half or more. Just tryin to save you in the long run is all.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
see the whole thing about goin bigger nozzle is less timing is required and less duration to inject the same amount of fuel which equals less cylinder pressure, and we all know how the 6L hates cylinder pressure. say a stock nozzle needs 9degs timing to inject 2.2milisecs of pulse width which is 128cc's in the mid range, so a 50-75% nozzle needs 6degs to inject 128cc's at 1.8milisecs of pulse width, so your getting the same amount of fuel injected with less cylinder pressure.

i bet i can make more torque and hp in the midrange with a stock injector with 50 over nozzles than you will with 150cc stix with stock nozzles.

its all about the right amount of fuel delivered at the right time. this is why common rails make SO much more torque in the midrange than we do, cause the first mod they do is big nozzles,

also bigger nozzles WILL spool a charger better, i did not read this on another forum and post here, i personaly test these results

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
for 900 all you guys can send me your stix and i'll make them 175s all day with stock nozzles and quit my day job

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
for 900 all you guys can send me your stix and i'll make them 175s all day with stock nozzles and quit my day job

Lol I know right cost about 20 bucks to machine the pistons inside

Plus when you go with a little bigger nozzle you get the mpg gains

constantfix

Reaction score
didn't want to start an entire new thread

what should an injector removal and replacement cost? Take em out and put em back in, that's all?

lubeowner

Reaction score
Lol I know right cost about 20 bucks to machine the pistons inside

Plus when you go with a little bigger nozzle you get the mpg gains

Hey, I pay my guy $60 to do them, I am getting ripped off I guess. Anyone ever look into what it cost to get nozzles edm'd?

That redneck up nort and I are on somewhat ok speaking terms and we agree on a few things. Doing nozzles as well, is by far the best thing to do. But doing the internal injector mods makes more power then stock injectors. If I already have them out I say why not for $60. My opinion is it's just foolish to machine an injector to anything less then a 190 as far as terms of what it takes to do inside. But I guess that is how injector builders do it. You pay them once to make them 155 or 175 then you pay them again to make them 190 or larger. Just seems like a waste to me. But hey, they need to make a living too.

I don't think I would ever pull a set of injectors for anyone and then just machine them but if I already have them out because I have the heads off I think it makes sense. And if the customer wants more power we put new nozzles on them while they are out.

And like Shawn said, if you want to send me your injectors and have me machine them for $900 I will quit my day job as well.

constantfix

Reaction score
From a shop like labor cost? It's right about 250-300 depends who does them.
That's for all 8 in and out.

Yeah, that's what a local kid quoted me who just opened up his own repair shop. Good head on his shoulders, seems to know his stuff around a 6.0.

I decided to get another quote from a well known diesel shop (not a vendor on here). Was quoted $700.xx, I said 'are you serious Clark?'. Was told it was a 5 hr job for one side and 2 1/2 for the other. So it takes his guy a full day to remove injectors?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.