Peterbilt 359....

abbottfarms

Reaction score
It's not so much weather a wheel off a 379 will fit or not, Wheels on big rigs are not truck specific. What size are they? 22.5 or 24.5? What are they for wheels on it now? Dayton (spoke) hub pilot or stud pilot wheels?

Last edited:

jwlandry

Reaction score
thats right... Depends on if they are bud wheels, hub piolot, or unimounts... post a pic of the lug nuts and lugs on the wheels.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
images
Dayton wheel....

2piece.jpg
what the lug nut will look like if its Hub pilot

innercap%20r.jpg
ballseat.jpg
what the lug nuts will look like for on stud pilot wheels.

Hope this helps.

the 22.5 to 24.5 isn't so much a issue, as long as the wheels are the same. You can make anything work, however it's a lot more involved then just slapping a wheel on there.

Paul, pm me if you have any more questions.

Dave

Last edited:

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
If you go from 22.5 to 24.5 you might not have to do any thing. The lug pattern is the same. U might have to calibrate your speedometer.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
If you go from 22.5 to 24.5 you might not have to do any thing. The lug pattern is the same. U might have to calibrate your speedometer.

You will not have to do anything to swap 22.5 to 24.5 you are correct. The speedo on a 359 is probably off anyways...I would not mess with it, only be off by 2 or 3 mph anyways. I have swapped rubber size more then once and never did anything with the speedo.

01 blue 7.3

Reaction score
And don't forget if its stud pilot. Either the nut or the stud that's square on the end is left handed thread. I can't remember.

ParkerFly

Reaction score
And don't forget if its stud pilot. Either the nut or the stud that's square on the end is left handed thread. I can't remember.

The stud should have an L or R stamped in the end of it to tell you what the thread is. In later years they quit doing that half left handed crap and went to all right handed, but I'm not sure what year that was. I'm guessing late 70's or 80's since I've seen several mid-70's model trucks that had left and right hand studs/nuts on one side.
What year 359 is it?

abbottfarms

Reaction score
This is false it depends on the axels in the truck the lighter axels are hub pilot! We had a 97 that was stud pilot For
The factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really lighter or heavier axles, so much as how the truck was spec'd from the factory...I have a 97 with eaton 46 rears on hub pilot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.