OBS CC door speakers?

co04cobra

Reaction score
What is the best speaker I could buy and what size do I need. I think they are 6x5 in the front. I am unsure of the rear. The HU is just a normal 52x4 watt sony nothing special. I just want something that will fit without cutting my doors and have good sound. TIA. :pint:

streetglide

Reaction score
Im running 6.5 " marine mb quarts in mine .These doors get quite abit of water so thought it couldn't hurt. They sound pretty good just not going to win any contests with them.

streetglide

Reaction score
Really, mine had I think 6x8 or 5x7 in the rear. I have 6.5 component plates with mb quart components in the rears.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the rear speakers are a different size then the door ones. Either 5x7 or 6x8s. Ford is famous for using 6x8s. No particular brand is a head above others?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
with speakers you generally get what you pay for. any brand in a particular price range will all sound around the same, you gotta go listen to them and find the ones you like best, i have infinity speakers and i really like them

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
front and rear (in the cab corners) are the same, I put in infinity's in mine and they sound great.
Its 6.5's in the doors and 6x8's in the cab corners. IDK if on the CC's if the rear doors are the same sixe as the frint doors. But they should also be 6x8

Really, mine had I think 6x8 or 5x7 in the rear. I have 6.5 component plates with mb quart components in the rears.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure the rear speakers are a different size then the door ones. Either 5x7 or 6x8s. Ford is famous for using 6x8s. No particular brand is a head above others?

This is correct.

On mine Im running Kicker 6.5's in the doors and Kicker 6x8's in the cab corners. They sound awesome and werent that hard on the pocket. Pretty sure they were $100 at Best buy for the 2 door speakers and $100 also for the 6x8's.

zilla68

Reaction score
well I'll partially retract my statement, I should have said MY TRUCK, lol, I replaced the speakers that were not stock speakers, sorry if I mislead anyone. The OBS trucks didn't have speakers in the rear doors, or at least mine didn't, they were behind the seat in the cab corners.

what I would do now in hindsight is go listen to speakers find you what you like, and then search on either ebay or the net, I found out sadly after the fact I grossly overpaid for my infinity speakers, had I bought off the net I'd have saved tons, but I"m on that can't wait, gotta have it now, and then get pissed that I paid to much, lol.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I know alot of people dont like to go to Best buy for there system components. And Ill be honest. When I got my speakers they tried to tell me that thier computer said the doors took 6x8's. And they obviously dont. But since I was smarter then them I got what I needed. And Im very happy with the Kicker speakers and the price Best Buy gave me.

zilla68

Reaction score
I know alot of people dont like to go to Best buy for there system components. And Ill be honest. When I got my speakers they tried to tell me that thier computer said the doors took 6x8's. And they obviously dont. But since I was smarter then them I got what I needed. And Im very happy with the Kicker speakers and the price Best Buy gave me.

kickers are some sweet sounding speakers, I got them in my DD cherokee.
Funny thing is I found a guy selling 2 sets of separates on ebay, no bids, so I shoot him an offer for 75.00 for both sets shipped, guess he was hurting so he jumps on the deal, funny thing though was he paid 25.00 postage to ship it usps, brand new in the boxes, lol.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
kickers are some sweet sounding speakers, I got them in my DD cherokee.
Funny thing is I found a guy selling 2 sets of separates on ebay, no bids, so I shoot him an offer for 75.00 for both sets shipped, guess he was hurting so he jumps on the deal, funny thing though was he paid 25.00 postage to ship it usps, brand new in the boxes, lol.

thats a hell of a deal man.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Ok, I guess I have narrowed it down to kicker or JL audio. If you guys have any certain ones post up some links. Also do I want 2 ohm or 4? What about 2 way speakers or 3? Thanks again.

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Go with three way speakers it will provide more range in the sound, and the ohms will depend on how you plan on wiring the up.

Latest posts

Members online