50's chevy belaire one ton dually wagon?

toocoolpowerstrk

Reaction score
i am considering turning a 50's belaire wagon into a one ton dually 4x4 by using a 7.3L PSD. what does everybody think of this kind of a project. i am tired of seeing 4x4 camaro's and firebirds that are gasser's nobody even considers doing a diesel around here. what yall think?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I could deal with it being a 4x4 - but I don't think you can pull off the dually aspect and make it look anything close to decent - it ruins the lines of the car too much.

I would much rather see you convert it to diesel and keep it a 2wd, but make it a fun clean running diesel hot rod - you will get way more respect from both the diesel side and the hot rod side by doing that.

toocoolpowerstrk

Reaction score
hahaha isaac i planned on it jus wasn't sure if i wanted to make a dually or not. i think imma make it 2wd and run like a stripped a$$ ape and pull my race car with it hahaha.

superstroked

Reaction score
I could deal with it being a 4x4 - but I don't think you can pull off the dually aspect and make it look anything close to decent - it ruins the lines of the car too much.

I would much rather see you convert it to diesel and keep it a 2wd, but make it a fun clean running diesel hot rod - you will get way more respect from both the diesel side and the hot rod side by doing that.

:whs:

I have a 57 chevy at the house that I have been toying with the idea of putting a cummins in. But, I would like the V8 sound when romping on it, maybe a duramax allison conversion on bags....

Last edited:

toocoolpowerstrk

Reaction score
ive toyed with the idea of a dirtymax or even a cummins but as far as im concerned nothing beats my 7.3L. i think the 57 chevy would be cool too is it a coupe or a sedan?

superstroked

Reaction score
ive toyed with the idea of a dirtymax or even a cummins but as far as im concerned nothing beats my 7.3L. i think the 57 chevy would be cool too is it a coupe or a sedan?

its a sedan

Picture028.jpg

Pstroke96

Reaction score
the frame would need some serious reinforcement to take the added weight and torque of a diesel. my dads friend had one with a mildly built 454 in the 400 horse range that has cracked the frame at the cross and the rear suspension mounts. definitely a cool idea

TurboM700

Reaction score
My old man has a 55 chevy bel-air 2dr coupe. It was his first car and hasnt seen the streets since 1969sih. Last summer he "gave" it to me so I could restore it. I have a few other projects to finish up on soon then this one will start. I'm thinking a sleeper with a mild durmax under the hood. Dont really care about drag racing it but just a cool sleeper that should get decent millage.

Mike

Latest posts

Members online