CR Time Bye bye IH crap!!!!

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
That's it I'm done. My last reman Long block was installed in july and I got it back in Aug. Less than 30K later I have another piece of sh!t boat anchor. Head gaskets pushed out. Screw Studs, no more stupid expensive injectors, just an '05 5.9L CR, dual CP3's, EFI Live tuned, 150 injectors with a gated 62/71/13 over a S475. Looking for 800hp on fuel and 1100hp with the giggle gas. Friggin 6.0 junk:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate:. Never, never, never never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, going to have another 6.0 in my barn ever again. Well except to swap for another CR. I have more in motors and performance parts than I do in the truck. Pics to follow. Won't be as good as SUPRHLR's, but should be an adventure. Allowing two weeks for the swap, and hoping to everything goes well.

NotStock

Reaction score
If you need any help, let me know. Im just a bit south of ya but would be happy to lend a hand if you need any custom parts built or whatnot. You wont be disappointed with the end result!

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Just left a post on your thread. I appreciate the offer. You may get a panic'd call. I ran into a buddy of yours a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember his name right now, but I know he has a pretty killer Colorado with a shell on bags. Just got into NC I think. I even think you told me he helped the thrash on your truck last year ofter Jimmy red screwed you.

NotStock

Reaction score
Hahaha, *** Jimmy. Ya, thats Keith, he did what he could to help last year. He was petitioning for Severed Ties and just left NC. Im down to help, lemme know what you need man.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Why the 71mm exhaust wheel on your secondary? Maybe take a look at a 68 wheel. Spools much better and flows almost as much as the 71.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

samoht517

Reaction score
You'll be really happy with that swap. Two weeks is gonna be haulin'. I work at Destroked so if you need some help give us a call Levi and Scott know all the tricks.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
BASTARD!!!!

Good luck with your build man. Going to be a sweet rig for sure. Are you going to run a new IC? My set up was just like you mentioned and the egts were up a little from my 6.4. It never got that hot 1350ish on a smaller tune, but I think that with a smaller tune there wasnt quiet enough fuel to light the snails fully. I wish I had more time to play with it so I could offer more guidance.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
FWIW, 05 is the LAST ECM I would use... get an 06 ECM/harness, then you can use EFI Live and not have to deal with the touchy 05 junk

Zmann

Reaction score
You'll be really happy with that swap. Two weeks is gonna be haulin'. I work at Destroked so if you need some help give us a call Levi and Scott know all the tricks.

I was reading a magazine
Beans takes 2 weeks for the swap and they do them all the time so I would agree thats fast track

Atsah

Reaction score
That's it I'm done. My last reman Long block was installed in july and I got it back in Aug. Less than 30K later I have another piece of sh!t boat anchor. Head gaskets pushed out. Screw Studs, no more stupid expensive injectors, just an '05 5.9L CR, dual CP3's, EFI Live tuned, 150 injectors with a gated 62/71/13 over a S475. Looking for 800hp on fuel and 1100hp with the giggle gas. Friggin 6.0 junk:fustrate::fustrate::fustrate:. Never, never, never never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, going to have another 6.0 in my barn ever again. Well except to swap for another CR. I have more in motors and performance parts than I do in the truck. Pics to follow. Won't be as good as SUPRHLR's, but should be an adventure. Allowing two weeks for the swap, and hoping to everything goes well.

Yup, no more POS 6.0's for me either.. Junk is right.. I'm working on getting rid of my POS.. It's running good right now so while it is, it's going..

suprhlr

Reaction score
Sounds like fun, makes me want to do another one. Just don't rush it. It's all the little things that take time

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
So all the Guru's have posted that my 2 week time frame is a little short. I'm beginning to rethink it, but that means having to wait until march. For those of you that have done this what part of the process was the slowest ( most time consuming)? My biggest concerns aren't the mechanical parts, but more the electrical systems talking nice. I want everything to to work as factory, and I have a couple of wiring diagrams that I hope will smooth that part out. I also already mocked up the turbos, no finish welds yet so in case I have fitment issues they can be hopefully easily taken care of. Did the studs and went through the motor, mounted the second CP3, and have destroked motor mounts and oil filter relocator. I haven't ordered the tach part yet, I'll do that tomorrow morning. But other than pulling the cab, what takes so much time?