My Small 6.0 build/freshening up

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well about a week ago driving back from Beans dyno day, we had stopped for lunch and noticed that in about 100 miles I had lost all the oil in my truck, down the frame, tailgate every where. So huge thanks to Jason (Hotrodtractor) for driving 6 hours to come get the four of us stranded in tennessee and bring us back to ohio, which was greatly appreciated!

After running into a couple of issues we decided it was better to just pull the cab to fix the oil leak but since we are still finishing up Minks truck on the lift in Jasons shop I took the truck down to my good friend Matt Kelly's (97strokn&smokn) shop to pull the cab there, and another huge thanks goes out to bryan (01dmax) for towing my pile down there for me.

I decided that since the cab was off and the truck has 192,5xx miles on it and the engine has never been touch that I might as well freshen up everything in there. So I decided to do studs, egr delete, oil cooler, clean everything up.

So we got the cab off and tore down and suprisingly even though my truck never once puked or lost coolant the headgaskets were blown on 3 cylinders. Like most people on here I just cant leave stuff alone even after I said I would never even tune this truck but I decided to update the injectors too with all the miles on this truck and how rough it starts in the morning, and of course had to go a little bigger LOL

So everything Im doing includes:
ARP studs and gaskets
EGR delete
Oil Cooler
New ICP (oil leak issue)
New HPOP cover seal
Glow plugs, relays and wiring harness
River city diesel 185cc injectors
S&B intake elbow

The truck ran very strong before and Im hoping it will be even better and problem free again for another 200k miles.

Very big thanks goes to Matt kelly for letting me take up his lift for a week, hooking me up with all these parts and the help!

Just figured I would share what I was doing with the truck, gotta get some kinda custom tuning on my H&S now, here are a couple pics still plenty of cross hatching left in the cylinders

IMG_20111216_172754.jpg

IMG_20111216_172808.jpg

IMG_20111217_113556.jpg

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Innovative tuned my truck with the bigger injectors/turbo and they came out really nice. I'm itching to try a tune from Matt (gearhead) too....

Mdub707

Reaction score
Does anyone besides KEM even write tunes for the H&S stuff for 6.0's?

Good luck, I'm doing the same thing with mine right now, except I have 1/2 the miles!

jdc753

Reaction score
So we got the cab off and tore down and suprisingly even though my truck never once puked or lost coolant the headgaskets were blown on 3 cylinders.

The more I've seen with other peoples trucks and my own, I think the 6leaker runs just fine with blown headgaskets, think of it more as water injection to keep the EGT's down LOL :doh:

Glad to hear you're getting it all fixed up too, should be a whole new animal when that cab comes down

The only group of guys I know that break down at a bar with a female bartender into diesel trucks.

hahaha, I think that goes beyond luck right there :pimp: