A few questions

06f3506.0

Reaction score
Well to start off Idk alot about the 6.4s but I've been looking at trading in my 6.0 for a 6.4. I found a really sharp 2008 4x4 ccsb at the dealer I bought my 6.0 from. As I was looking around it I noticed the passenger side bumper had diesel soot all over it I looked at exhaust tip and they were just black, due to the fact there supposed to burn clean and no soot should be there I asked dealer if it had any mods he said nope all stock that's the way the 6.4s run. Is there something bad wrong with this truck, I'm a newb to emissions on 6.4s. Also truck only had 32,000 miles on it

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Well to start off Idk alot about the 6.4s but I've been looking at trading in my 6.0 for a 6.4. I found a really sharp 2008 4x4 ccsb at the dealer I bought my 6.0 from. As I was looking around it I noticed the passenger side bumper had diesel soot all over it I looked at exhaust tip and they were just black, due to the fact there supposed to burn clean and no soot should be there I asked dealer if it had any mods he said nope all stock that's the way the 6.4s run. Is there something bad wrong with this truck, I'm a newb to emissions on 6.4s. Also truck only had 32,000 miles on it
When my 6.4 was stock It didnt smoke one bit, nevermind leaving residue behind from the exhaust. I would look a little deeper into the situation. Look for bolts that have been wrenched on, or new exhaust bolts where the DPF is or should be..etc.

mortal798

Reaction score
Its possible that it was modded and then returned to stock when it was traded. Did you look under it for a DPF? It will bolt right to the downpipe and look like a giant catalytic converter.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

06f3506.0

Reaction score
Everything looked in tack under neath it. Nothing new. I'm thinking it has to have some sort of mod made my 6.0 feel slow and I have mine tuned on street. I'm gonna take a better look at it tomorrow thanks for the advice guys!!!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Does it smoke at all? like even the slightest bit? Can you hear the exhaust at all? If yes to either, it could be tuned with a gutted DPF. If not, I would think it was a cracked DPF.

a stock 6.4 moves ok, but has no throttle response at all compared to a tuned 6.0. Mine was difficult to pull out into traffic stock. Now on the other hand, my truck is still hard to pull out into traffic. Only because you have to avoid spinning the tires lol.

Latest posts

Members online