xlt truck with no keyless? can it be added

Moremph

Reaction score
I have two 07 trucks a 250 and 550 both are xlt trucks neither had keyless from the factory can it easily be added.

I know aftermarket systems are available but was curious if the factory setup can be easily added? id like to be able to utilize a keypad to get in and out of the truck

Thanks Travis

bigbadford01

Reaction score
Very expensive proposition there. However, to see if the truck has keyless very easy to check. pull up your drivers door sill plate and look for 2 wires one blk/ wht and other being wht/red these are your power lock wires. If these are present then there is a chance that a add on outer door keyless pad can be added. ALTHOUGH the added piece does just double side tipe to the outside of truck since it was not factory installed. IF the truck doesn't have keyless you will find you lock/unlock wires to be pink/yell and pink/grn. That being the case you must go aftermarket and 5 wire relays added to allow for keyless operation.

Spastik monkey

Reaction score
Are these trucks equipped with power locks? or are they all manual? That will make a large difference as actuators will have to be added for manual locks. A keyless entry system can be had for about $150 from a reputable local installer. As for a keypad, that's a ford option, and as I recall, is very expensive to add aftermarket.

Moremph

Reaction score
they are power lock trucks, I know all about the aftermarket ones I use to install em in college. I just like the reliabilty of the factory ones and I really really want that factory key pad.

Travis

Members online

No members online now.