Need new tires for stock '11 F350

davey99ps

Reaction score
My old man has been bugging me about finding him a decent set of all-terrains for his stock 17" rims. He's looking for something a little bigger than the factory 245's, I'm just wondering how big of a tire fits under a stock F350 with the snow plow prep package?

Also, what kind of tires do you guys recommend, I've always had great luck with BF Goodrich a/t's? He wants something that'll work good in the field, as well as in the snow. Does anyone know of a decent place online to buy tires from? Sorry if this is the wrong section, but thanks for any suggestions guys

Emery19

Reaction score
another vote for the duratracs. i have them on my ranger and they are amazing in the snow. i hated the goodyear wrangler at/s that came on the ranger and coincidentally thats what is on my 350 now, but being practically brand new i cant justify putting new ones on. but for the application your looking for, i definitely recommend the duratracs

youngstroker

Reaction score
Dunlop rover m/t's, good on and off road, not to bad in the rain, good in the snow, real quiet. Best all around tire for the price. And it looks better than the bfg a/t. My size is 285/75r16 on a stock height, 03 f250, 4x4.

davey99ps

Reaction score
he can clear 35's with no problems i believe.

That's what i thought I read somewhere, I think 305s should look halfway decent. Not to big, but not tiny looking like the stock tires either.
I guess tomorrow I'll look into the duratracs as well. As long as they work good in the snow, an dirt/mud, an have raised white lettering my old man will be happy.
In spring, I have him talked into either 20" bmf's with 35s or fuel hostages, but in the meantime he just needs a good set-up for winter snow an mud.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I know my DuraTracs don't have raised white lettering, fyi.

That might be a deal breaker, I know it sounds really dumb, but that was 1 of the things he was pretty specific about wanting. I guess I can't blame him, this is his 1st new truck in a few decades an he's pretty particular about what he wants on it. He really likes the way the 305/70R16's look on my friends truck, an after digging around a little, a found a pretty comparable size for his 17" rims.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Ended up going with 305 bf goodrich a/t's. I've always had great luck with them, plus he loved the way they looked on my friends 04

Latest posts

Members online