Towing Only

WoodBoy

Reaction score
My friend has a 7.3 and wants a little more umphh for towing.. He doesnt care about speed or anything, if he could have two positions it would be awesome, one stock and one a tow tune.. Can someone suggest the best, most reliable tow tune along with the cheapest place or way to get it

stroker2

Reaction score
Im helping a buddy out with the same exact thing. I had him order a single position dp tuner 40tow. I have had this tune and have never for the life of me been able to get it hot when i had stock injectors on both 7.3s i have had. The tranny tuning from dp tuner is great i think. Cheapest i think would be to get a 2 position chip from dp tuner which would be ~250 bucks. Dont think any other tuner can give you less than 6 tunes if i am not mistaken

apollyon9515

Reaction score
Stroker gave you a good suggestion.

Maybe your buddy should send his PCM to DP or PHP and get them to tune his pcm for one 40-60hp tow tune, i believe they are the only two who can burn/tune your stock pcm. I have ran dp and beans tunes, dp was on stock injs and beans was on stage 2s. Dp seemed to have better tow tunes, but i only towed 4k so i didnt really need tow tunes.

It might help if you can say how much your buddy plans to tow(weight wise) and if hes gonna drive it other than towing. I would imagine anyone of the top tuners could give him some good tunes for mpg, towing, fun. just depends on what his plans are.

thuglike

Reaction score
I would also suggest a good water system. A cooling Mist Stage 1 would be a real nice compliment to the chip.

Jake

Reaction score
I couldnt be happier with my tow tunes from tony. The cooling must is a great addition a also like thuggy said

Tom S

Reaction score
A PCM reflash is definately the low cost option if he can be without the truck for a little bit.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
Tell your buddy not to go to cheap on a towing setup.

Make sure he has gauges Trans temp and EGT at a minimum.

The reflash is a cost effective way to go but I would still want gauges.

Whytry

Reaction score
Mist like said above would help a lot I think. Like above gauges are a must to me. I would start with trans, boost, pyro, fuel pressure.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
One size fits all single tune isn't best way to go as a Tow tune will have upshifts and dn shifts, fueling etc changes just for towing..not IMO you need the rest of the time or want to use.
I'd get a TS chip with custom tunes and guages are a must..

We carry TW tunes and have Isspro guages..IMO best available. PM if I can help.

Members online

No members online now.