L.E.D Blinkers

ACFarmer

Reaction score
My 02 has L.E.D front turn signals and rear as well which makes them flash pretty fast. Can I just wire in a resistor behind the front signals to fool it into thinking it has regular bulbs in the front so it blinks like a factory speed?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
You can get a new flasher relay for leds. most part stores have them. Its kind of a pain to change its under the dash to the right of the fuse panel. You have to take the lower dash panel off.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
You can get a new flasher relay for leds. most part stores have them. Its kind of a pain to change its under the dash to the right of the fuse panel. You have to take the lower dash panel off.

I am interested in this. Is there any special name for it so the dumdum behind the counter doesn't look up the wrong one?

You can get the resistor from Recon for ~$8 if I recall...

Sam

Good to know. For me I would like the new relay so im not chopping up the wiring.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I am interested in this. Is there any special name for it so the dumdum behind the counter doesn't look up the wrong one?

Good to know. For me I would like the new relay so im not chopping up the wiring.

My napa guy is pretty good I just told him I needed a flasher relay for leds and he got me the right one. Just check it to make sure it works before u put the dash back together.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Ok so say I get that new flasher. What happens when I hook up my snowplow? Because as it is now, when I have my plow on they flash at the right speed, so if I install this new flasher, will they flash too slow?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Ok so say I get that new flasher. What happens when I hook up my snowplow? Because as it is now, when I have my plow on they flash at the right speed, so if I install this new flasher, will they flash too slow?

Doesn't affect my truck or my old 2000 with the snowplows on. I think u can run normal bulbs or leds with that flasher.

RedSmokey

Reaction score

Doesn't affect my truck or my old 2000 with the snowplows on. I think u can run normal bulbs or leds with that flasher.

I did a little research on the net about these and it looks like it would be fine. From what I gathered it seems the difference with this relay is it's electronic instead of mechanical, which is how the blinking stays the same speed no matter the bulb.

ACFarmer

Reaction score
ok so I went to carquest and had them cross reference that number. Installed it and it made no difference?

BigRed97

Reaction score
all that "it crossed" means is that it matches a number that plugs in and works, it does NOT mean they gave you an electronic flasher

Latest posts

Members online