Innovative Power Flash and Torq2

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Well, after much debating I have opted to go with Eric at Innovative for my tuning. I have the Power Flash and Torq2 on their way! After utilizing Eric's tuning on my 6.0 I couldn't really see using anyone else. I will let everyone know how the combination works when I get it all set.

Chris

17BLKplat

Reaction score
You won't be let down by your decision, I love my IDP combo! It's the best of all worlds for the 6.7 with what we have offered right now.
Eric nailed it for sure!

Look forward to your review

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Definitely! I know when his other updates hit I will be glad that I have this in hand. I was really going to try other options, but would rather have Eric's tuning and the availability for custom tuning. Most other options are just blanket tuners.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Well, I installed and removed the Torq2 and the Street Tune. I tried the Torq2, minimum and maximum, and in combination with the Street Tune and I didn't care for it. My fiancee and I, who had ridden and driven in my 6.0 tuned by Eric, and we both agreed that it felt weak. If I did anything other than light driving it would reduce engine power. I have let Eric know what happened and I know that he will take care of things. Again, this was my personal experience and I am in no way bashing. I just wanted to share my experiences.

Chris

Mpoage

Reaction score
I'm sure Eric will get it figured out for you. Is the torque management disabled with this stuff? Also how much boost do you see before it limps?

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Honestly, it pulled harder stock. I didn't really pay attention to the boost. I never once felt the torque management stock. It just was very disappointing.

Chris

Mpoage

Reaction score
I'm talking about when you try launching it in 4 wheel drive it will build about 10lbs but if you go more than that it will fall on its face.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Torque management is off after 190F EOT.

You should only run the Tow or Torq2 tune with the Torq2 all the way up. I usually run it half way up until the truck is warm. If you leave it cranked all the way, just drive the truck easy until 190F.

Thanks

6L strokin

Reaction score
i didnt even route my knob into the cab... i alwasy leave mine on kill mode and just drive easy till shes warmed up! LOL

09stroker

Reaction score
Why is it necessary to have tuning and a module? Is there something the module is doing that couldn't be done with tuning?
I thought that was the whole reason for "custom" tuning.

6L strokin

Reaction score
i think it was something with the torque 2 he can get more aggressive fueling and better mpg... pretty sure theres more to that but dont remember it all been a while ...

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I talked with Eric today and I think that we have everything all straightened out. There were some misunderstandings between us that were cleared up. I am going to reinstall the Torq2 and Tune in the morning and give it another shot. I believe that it will work as designed and planned. I will definitely give everyone some updates once I get it on and figured out.

Again, a big thanks to Eric. He was very informative and we had a good discussion

Chris

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Well I got everything straightened out. It runs really good. I waited until the truck warmed up and then cranked it up. I didn't get on it too hard, but similar to the other night and it just ran good and strong!

Thanks Eric!

Chris

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
It is a way to allow you to adjust the power without having to continuously reload tunes for varying situations. This is a very general description.

Latest posts

Members online