Anyone with IDS hear of Police Mode

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
well the police mode on craigs 6.7 seemed to turn any kind of traction control off of the truck and i think the torque reduction too

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We don't have ids we just bought drew tech mongoose cable and software from ford to flash

Chris

Reaction score
IDS is Ford's in house electronic interface for their vehicles. It allows for diagnostics, reprogramming, etc.

Chris

This! its a must have if youre working on powerstrokes. It can reflash computers, do contribution and balance tests, egr tests, and much more. Its pricey but any good shop should have one.

907DAVE

Reaction score
In a few months they will be releasing the VCM2 which is apparently more capable than the VCM1, and it cost about half as much. The major benefit is with the subscription process - currently if you do not up your subscription for a year or two then you must pay for those missed subscriptions before you can update. With the VCM2 you can re-subscribe whenever you feel like it....and only pay once!

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
You guys sure can keep on topic!

Sand Vehicles as you put it? Google Plasan/Oshkosh Defense Sand Cat. Pretty freakin cool.

On a guess - I would say police mode allows for complete vehicle blackout, but I don't know for sure and my laptop batteries are dead so I can't even look.

6L strokin

Reaction score
well the police mode on craigs 6.7 seemed to turn any kind of traction control off of the truck and i think the torque reduction too

somethin they can do off a ford laptop? my buddy is a tech and would prolly do that for me if its worth messin with...

subscribed

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Bringing this back up. I would like to know what exactly the police mode disables? If anyone has messed with it much.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online