Water to fuel separator Not drianing anything

Shipmate

Reaction score
I went out today to drain the fuel water separator and I got nothing. Not a drop of anything. I fired up the truck and tried it again still got nothing. What is wrong here?

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Mine does that too. Work it back and forth a few times and if that doesn't get it stick a small piece of wire up in there. they get crud in there that acts as a plug

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
What he said. And if that fails, you can buy the drain valve separately from the entire HFCM, if necessary.

I have a little plastic titwilly over the drain on mine to keep the poop out of it.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Disconnect the fuel lines and pull the cover off of the side of the fuel pump, you will probably be surprised at the junk in there. It actually cavitated the cover and broke an oring causing it to leak out of the drain hole on mine

Shipmate

Reaction score
How do those fuel lines come off? I did pull the cover and the gasket would not set back in the grooves correctly so when I tried to prime the pump it would not. The truck started up but died shortly there after. So I think the gasket did not line up to allow fuel to flow correctly. That gasket is 36 bux! it better be gold in color!
I hope I did not mess anything up!

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
You need a fuel line disconnect tool, I'm not really sure what they're called lol. Try setting it back into the groove, it'll take awhile to get the air out of the system

extreme3807

Reaction score
when you get the fuel quick disconnect tool make sure you get the metal ones, much easier to remove the fuel lines. Auto zone or any shop like that will have them

Sent from my DROID Pro

Shipmate

Reaction score
thanks guys. I am moving to Guam for 3 Years so I want to go ahead and change out the gasket so I do not have to worry about it while I am there. Plus get a few more tools fro my tool chest just in case I need to do any other work on the truck over there. I do not want any of those assclowns touching the truck.

Shipmate

Reaction score
Looked good just the gasket was falling out and stretched out. No pitting or corrosion at all. I will take a pic tomorrow. But it had a BUNCH of Gunk in it.

mortal798

Reaction score
Make sure you run some kind of algaecide in the next couple tanks of fuel. If there was that much junk, there is probably more growing in your tank. Its called HUM: Hydrocarbon Utilizing Micro-organisms. Basically algae that eats the hydrocarbon in your fuel. :puke:

Members online

No members online now.