I change more crap....

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I bet I've had 6-8 different subs in this truck trying to find "the one". After going through everything under the sun I wound up with a JL 10W6v2 which was awesome in the upper ranges but just didn't dig deep enough for me. So...I went to a 10W7 which digs deep as hell but doesn't sound right up high so I was still unhappy....which leads us to the next driver to audition. From what people tell me this will be the best of both worlds....we'll see.

Ordered this yesterday:
12W6v2-D4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - W6v2 - JL Audio

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
No luck with other brands? Sundown has seriously stepped up it's game. If you're still not happy after this one then try one of theirs.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
No luck with other brands? Sundown has seriously stepped up it's game. If you're still not happy after this one then try one of theirs.

Others sounded good...just not quite what I was looking for either in output or sound. I've tried multiple 10 and 12" subs and the JL's have been my favorite....now to just find the right one. Hoping this is it.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I think if I we're to get rid of the L7's I would try out the SA-12's. They caught my eye and I have been trying to talk some friends into trying them out.

jdc753

Reaction score
The W6 has always been JL's flagship SQ sub hopefully the bigger cone will get your that depth you're looking for.

I would think you would really like the Mag I have, but at the same time not sure since its a whole nother breed of sound due to the XBL^2 motor design, SUPER clean sound, but tricks you to thinking it lacks output.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
It's got a clean 1000 watts available and will be front firing in a sealed center console enclosure

Nice, so you have buckets in the rear. I agree on JL's being the best that I have used as well even though I have no where near the system you have

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
No....my front console. After having a front mounted sub I don't think I can ever go back to a rear mounted set-up. That's where my W7 is now. My 10W6 was in a downfiring front console enclosure.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Right now I just have a test box in place....I made it look presentable and covered in carpet but it was built oversized so I can add blocks or remove them to manipulate airspace....much easier than building a new box every time. I'll use the same one for this new sub and once I decide on a final enclosure volume I'll build a permanent one.
My plan is to build something like Snake has with the top portion of a factory console grafted on.

jdc753

Reaction score
Front console sure is the way to go, just tough to keep the tactile feel down.

Looking forward to the future changes, specially with all the treatments going on the new cab :evil

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Rich, you'll love em. I have 3 of them in a blow through with three alpine amps (1000W each). They'll shake your fillings out and go deep but till be able to rock to Anthrax and Metalica. I'm trying to get my conversion done and I'll attack the stereo next. Looking for Four 13W7 with four JL 1000 watt amps in the same blow through. Many more changes for the highs including fiberglass door panels and kicks. BTW, took your turbo advise and the conversion should be relatively straight forward.