U joint help

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm needing to replace the u joints and carrier bearing in my 01 crew cab 2wd dually can anyone give me part numbers for the u joints and carrier bearing? All the ones I seem to find when searching say 4wd and also there's like 2-3 different carrier bearings listed and I'm not sure how to tell which one I need... I'm looking at the heavy versions if possible

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
I just replaced all my U-Joints and Carrier. Here the only place I could find them in such short notice was at the dealer. Good luck with the joints. I had to heat everything up the beat the crap out of mine. But I had 328,000 miles on mine.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
just bust the old ones out and run to NAPA or something.. I know both NAPA and O'Reilly's carry the Precision Super Strength ones with the grease fitting in them

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
Just to give you a heads up on the carrier bearing none of the parts stores carry them anymore. It has become a dealer only item.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
ok, thanks guys i was hoping to be able to order them online since well my local dealer sucks when it comes to parts LOL but i guess thats where im going to have to go for my carrier bearing atleast

Members online

No members online now.