Remote Start issues

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Okay ever since i did my build about a year ago, my remote start hasn't worked. The lights come on, the airdog starts running just like everything normally would before it starts, but the security light flashes. I'm thinking it's something to do with my bypass module?

I've got the Viper 5701 system and appreciate any help I can get!

Spatel23

Reaction score
give directed (DEI) a call. They have always been very helpful over the phone with any problems I have had with my Clifford system. 1-800-274-0200

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow! Didn't have a chance to try to reprogram the bypass yet, had to go to my Grandma's birthday dinner

bigbadford01

Reaction score
Reset the module
Press and hold programming button while plugging the module. When the LED comes ON, release programming button. When the
LED shuts, the reset is complete.

After all connection is done, if the LED stay OFF, the module is already programmed. If the module has never been programmed, the
LED will comes ON and will stay ON until the programming is finished.
1- Turn the first valid key to "ON" position, until the security light goes OFF. Put the key OFF and remove from ignition.
2- Within 5 seconds, turn the second valid key to "ON" position until security light goes OFF. Put the key OFF and remove from
ignition.
*On manual transmission vehicle, you have to do wire programming before connect D2D.*
3 -
! For automatic transmission vehicle, start the vehicle with remote starter, the module is programmed.
! For manual transmission vehicle, connect temporarily the brown wire of module to vehicle Ground. Use a jumper wire to power up
the vehicle ignition.
! When the LED goes OFF and start to flash once per second, the module is programmed.
! If the LED stay ON, repeat from Step 1.

Thats all u need to do. very easy. If that doesn't work possible bad module.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
No luck, gonna swing by the stereo shop tomorrow and see if I can grab another bypass

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Went down to my customs shop and they said it was a bad bypass. I'm gonna go down thursday afternoon and they're gonna throw a new one in for me and set it up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.