monster truck cummins

sasquatch24

Reaction score
truck belongs to my boss and has a 460 in it. he managed to lock the bottom end up in it about 5 months ago. today we finally pulled it out of the corner and got the motor out. plan was to just freshin up the 460 and stick it back in. that plan lasted about 10 sec when he realized we had a complete 12v sitting in storage.
2012-01-05_17-37-51_870.png

2012-01-05_18-44-06_96.png

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Looks badass man. Those are 5 ton axles right? Any chance of putting pics up of what the whole truck looks like

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
They look like 2 1/2 tons; I don't think the 5 tons are 6 lug...

mmm after looking at it closer i think your right its the 2 1/2 ton rocks. i thought the axle tubes were bigger at first glance. plus bein such a big tire and big engine i figured they woulda been the 5 ton

gadieselgrl

Reaction score
hmm, didn't think you could get UPS parts from their trucks. I thought they destroyed them, guess not.
You are correct, they do destroy them, but from what I understand the crucial part is the truck body to prevent fraud/security issues - the engines and trannys are pulled before the go in the crusher.

Isaac3384

Reaction score
mmm after looking at it closer i think your right its the 2 1/2 ton rocks. i thought the axle tubes were bigger at first glance. plus bein such a big tire and big engine i figured they woulda been the 5 ton

I know guys in Florida running 700+ hp and 44"+ tires on 2 1/2 ton rocks. The smarter thing to do would be to run the 5s, but it seems to work out ok for them. The driveshaft/u joint (and depending what they use, the transfer case) is still the weakest link.

It's def. a sweet truck. I wanna see more pics as the progress continues...is this going to be a build thread for it?