2012 Sitting on Icon 4.5"

BlackPlatBDS

Reaction score
Just thought I would stop in and say hello! This is my first diesel and so far I am loving every last minute of it. Got a lot of plans for it, but my aim is to keep it looking stock but yet modified and not overdone. Current mods include the 4.5" Icon Stage 3 kit along with the Icon 4-link and duel stabs up front allowing for some 35x12.50 toyos on 20" BMF nov's. Also got the Recon smoked mirror/tail/3rd brake lights put and I still have the smoked cab lights waiting to be installed along with some custom baked open stock LineX sprayed OEM headlights :toast: I look forward to wasteing a lot of time here on the site but onward to some pics :toast:

sidevm.jpg

backhsi.jpg

Here she was with 188 miles on her and the day after surgury!

side2park.jpg

frontsus.jpg

4link.jpg

backsus.jpg

stabs.jpg

Let me know what ya think! Shout out to Jake, I know you are lurking on here somewhere.

BlackPlatBDS

Reaction score
Jdgleason,
They are nice! The 6 week build time and anticipation of getting the lift on was not =]

Jake,
Thanks for hping me find this place.

South,
I know all about the mod bug! The 09' platinum f150 I got rid of was sitting on 14" of lift. Got out of hand and a bit to radical. Loved her, but had to let her go. This one will stay simple.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Jdgleason,
They are nice! The 6 week build time and anticipation of getting the lift on was not =]

Jake,
Thanks for hping me find this place.

South,
I know all about the mod bug! The 09' platinum f150 I got rid of was sitting on 14" of lift. Got out of hand and a bit to radical. Loved her, but had to let her go. This one will stay simple.

You say that now, but the more time you spend on here, the more money you will spend and your mod list will grow longer:D Nice looking ride btw

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Damn that makes me wanna take my 2.5" leveling kit off and go to 4.5" of lift

Truck looks bad azz man very nice now you need a h&s and exhaust and egr delete

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I think if an when he decides to tune, he might look into KEM's DPF on tunes for the 6.7, I think they are going to turn out to be great tunes for the 6.7, you wont have to mess with pulling all the dpf crap off and wont have to worry about driving it illegally, especially when you get pulled over by a douche cop or something.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Damn that makes me wanna take my 2.5" leveling kit off and go to 4.5" of lift

Truck looks bad azz man very nice now you need a h&s and exhaust and egr delete

Go ahead and do that and and then I can buy your 2.5 inch kit! :D

BlackPlatBDS

Reaction score
Just want to thank everyone for the positive feedback!

cw96,
This one has to stay simple! Last truck I did everything I could have ever wanted to do. This one needs to be presentable, towable, and stay reliable! Here is the 09' Platinum had her for nearly 3 years and only put 15k miles on it. I hope someone is out there enjoying it!

photoizf.jpg

photo4zq.jpg

Txglassman,
Do it! You even have a buyer already lined up for the old stuff, can't beat that!

Chris,
I love how your truck looks as well man! I saw it at Northside one day when you had it being serviced. You had some work done at TSD correct ? If so what tuner did you go with, how did you like the work they did ?

*I am strongly leaning towards the H&S tuner with the delete and the MBRP coolduals or single out, but you rarely see the duals in this area and I like to be different.

Once the LineX work on the headlights, cab lights installed, and tint if done I am going to be moving into the performance goodies. I am also on the fence when it comes to PTM on the bumpers, and whatnot as I feel the chrome on it now along with the machine work on the wheels, and what will eventually be a chrome exhaust tip kinda play well together.

Chris

Reaction score
BlackPat,

What a small world man, i didnt know you were from SA area. Im actually one of the owners at TSD so i guess im a little biased, but im VERY happy w/ the work we do lol. We do a lot of work for Northside so our trucks are always up there picking up and dropping off and such. They also had to fix a door seal on mine.

I run the H&S on mine right now and i like it pretty good. I think their shift points need some work but otherwise its fairly smooth. Mileage wise i did it when i did the lift and tires and everythign else so it was hard to know what it did for mileage. Once we get some access to software well be custom tuning the 6.7s like we do the 7.3s, 6.0s and 6.4s and cummins. Feel free to stop by the shop one day and shoot the breeze and we can answer any questions you have. Heck you can take mine for a spin around the block to see how you like the mini maxx and the exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online