Kansas Dirt Drags and Hog Roast!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
This spring or summer or fall I will be hosting dirt drags and a hog roast. Its an all inclusive event with all makes and models welcome, bit I want a giant showing of powerstrokes!! Lets get a date from you guys that works for everybody on here before I tell the dodge and Chevy guys. I want a date that you guys can put on the calendar and know for sure you'll be there. I'll give you guys a list of available weekends so you can choose which weekend works for everybody. We'll smoke a hog or two, set up a 300ft dirt drag track, and hang out for the day! I'm thinking a $5 entry fee with meal included should cover the cost of setting up the event. Hope to get some good feedback!!

Thanks!!

March 10
March 11
April 7 (Maybe not this day. Its my anniversary. Lol!)
April 8
May 5
May 6
June 2
June 3
June 30
July 1
August 25
August 26
September 22
September 23
October 20
October 21

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
This spring or summer or fall I will be hosting dirt drags and a hog roast. Its an all inclusive event with all makes and models welcome, bit I want a giant showing of powerstrokes!! Lets get a date from you guys that works for everybody on here before I tell the dodge and Chevy guys. I want a date that you guys can put on the calendar and know for sure you'll be there. I'll give you guys a list of available weekends so you can choose which weekend works for everybody. We'll smoke a hog or two, set up a 300ft dirt drag track, and hang out for the day! I'm thinking a $5 entry fee with meal included should cover the cost of setting up the event. Hope to get some good feedback!!

Thanks!!

March 10
March 11
April 7 (Maybe not this day. Its my anniversary. Lol!)
April 8
May 5
May 6
June 2
June 3
June 30
July 1
August 25
August 26
September 22
September 23
October 20
October 21

Any long distance awards? LOL

Doubt I could make it - but I would like to get back out that way and see some friends - so pick a date and I'll see.

I wish there was one of these in Ohio it sounds like a good time.

Ummm - there is Dirt Drags happening at Allen County TugFest, I think at Wapak Tugfest, and the Firepunk crew usually runs some sort of Dirt Drag every Labor Day. I'm sure there are more than those as well.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well this isn't a Kansas people only event! Lol! I really hope you do come! Would be fun to meet you in person finally!

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Any long distance awards? LOL

Doubt I could make it - but I would like to get back out that way and see some friends - so pick a date and I'll see.

Ummm - there is Dirt Drags happening at Allen County TugFest, I think at Wapak Tugfest, and the Firepunk crew usually runs some sort of Dirt Drag every Labor Day. I'm sure there are more than those as well.

Do you know the dates on these?

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Id plan for something a little later on in the year maybe early may or late april.. Thinking it is going to be a late winter around this area or it may not snow at all. Bottom has gotta fall out of this decent weather sometime...

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Do you know the dates on these?

Wapak Tug Fest is the same weekend as the Lima 4x4 Jambo (and the same as TS) - not sure when ATF is, and the Labor Day event is well.... Labor Day. LOL Take a look in the events section on here for more info about WTF and ATF.

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Well since no one else is posting I'd say may 6 or June 3rd. Probably lean toward the June date cause it will be after the spring rains but before the heat!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
OK so we have a pretty good start here. May 6 and a rain date of June 3rd. I need to check the NHRDA schedule and see if those dates. Conflict with anything that isn't on the East or West coast. Anybody else?

suprhlr

Reaction score
Would love to make it out to this with the drag truck, but mapquest shows 13hrs. Sounds like a good time. Do you have a timing system for the track?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Suprhlr- This isn't going to be a professional thing. Just a good old time out in the. Country. Lol! Not even sure what I'll do for prizes. I have been looking into a timing system. I think what I'll do is heads up racing and put a camcorder up high wired to a big TV so everyone can see who won. If I can find a cheap timing system I'll go that route.

There may be live entertainment too! There are a couple local talents that would be really good. One of them won the 2009 Colgate country showdown.

toocoolpowerstrk

Reaction score
are there gunna be different classes? a powder puff? might have to git the wife involved in this and have her run power puff if yall have one. i will be there chris hahaha

suprhlr

Reaction score
Suprhlr- This isn't going to be a professional thing. Just a good old time out in the. Country. Lol! Not even sure what I'll do for prizes. I have been looking into a timing system. I think what I'll do is heads up racing and put a camcorder up high wired to a big TV so everyone can see who won. If I can find a cheap timing system I'll go that route.

There may be live entertainment too! There are a couple local talents that would be really good. One of them won the 2009 Colgate country showdown.

The backyard ones are the best, the timing system is always nice to have because everyone wants to know there times, but they are not cheap or easy to find to use or rent. Here is a vid of our last local one this past fall. I wasn't able to make it to this one but they are always a blast
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...&feature&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13266845774652