6.4 Factory Nav?

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
A friend of my father has an 09 F250 Lariat. He doesn't have in dash nav but saw another 09 with what appears to be factory nav. Does anyone have any info or experience with this conversion? Any advice would help, thanks guys.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Im sure you've thought about it but just checking. What about going to an aftermarket head unit like an alpine or pioneer. I dont know how hard wiring a stock HU would be but I know aftermarkets are easy and alpine has a great nav and look great too.

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
I've never looked into any aftermarket headunits but now is as good as time as ever. Any info on these aftermarket nav headunits?

AKHILF

Reaction score
He was wondering how hard it is to wire to his non nav truck. And like spatel said hands on is your best bet. I think the alpines look the cleanest and have great nav support but there are a couple good brands. Just go see what you like the best in the shop then go look online and read about it and most likely find it for half the cost of the shop. I really wish the pioneer app radio turned out better. But if all your looking for is nav its great if you have an iphone. You just plug in your phone and it uses that nav.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
As far as swaps go its a pita for the guy taking out the nav there's a little box you have to pull behind the gauge cluster, you have to pull the serius box, and buy a new antenna for the satelite bc the other one you can't get out without tearing your headliner out, you will have to make a wiring harness too.. i did all this when I sold my factory head unit to someone... it was a real pita but his was only a xlt that may of had something to do with it

Latest posts

Members online