2wd to 4wd conversion

bryan.d

Reaction score
In the up coming weeks or months (depending on the ans. to this) I will be converting my e99 2wd to 4wd with a 05+ front axle. My question is will the e99 brake components fit on the 05+ axle allowing me use my stock 16" wheels. I know it's a down sizing for the front brakes. Trying to do this with out buying new wheels and tires right now ( CFO will not approve it now). Thanks for looking.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I don't know if the knuckles will interchange, but you need the older style to use the smaller rotors. The same ball joints are listed for both model years, but you will need to confirm spacing is the same. If you can get the knuckles to swap, then the rest is easy.

bryan.d

Reaction score
betarocker not looking to replace the knuckles. Just the brackets, calipers, and rotors. Rpm-inc I have most of the items your are selling except for the wheels, just not in the budget right now. If I could I would buy the wheels from you those are the wheels I would buy. Thanks

bryan.d

Reaction score
beta, I don't think we are talking about the same brackets. The ones that i m talking about attach the caliper to the knuckle. The bracket that the caliper actually bolts to. If you remove the caliper to hang pads it's what's holding the pads in place. Thanks