good bye autometers...hello dakota digitals

strokin6L

Reaction score
finally got the whole thing installed. These gauges are freekin sweet as hell. Now i just gotta call them and get the HPOP gauge for the steering column pod. Here's some night time pics....

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 132

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Direct sunlight can make them a little hard to read (on one of my trucks) but otherwise have been great gauges.

Looks good.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Direct sunlight can make them a little hard to read (on one of my trucks) but otherwise have been great gauges.

Looks good.

IDK.... have no issues reading them in direct sunlight. The readout is really bright and when i turn the lights on they dim. They changed the lense material so that there is no glare with direct sunlight. So, no issues for me when it's super sunny out.

Yeah i got almost $700 in the quad pod setup. Now i gotta spend a couple hundred more for the HPOP gauge. Got sick of the autometers...just wanted something really different and digital to go with the insight CS digital readout.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I didn't have the lights on..so that's why they are soo bright on those pics. At night when you turn your lights on...they automaticlly dim. They really aren't extremely bright when the dim with the lights on. So if you were to try to dim them at night with the lights on....it'll do just the opposite as what you would think they'll do. They will get bright. But that makes sense for being auto dimming when the lights get turned on.

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
I didn't have the lights on..so that's why they are soo bright on those pics. At night when you turn your lights on...they automaticlly dim. They really aren't extremely bright when the dim with the lights on. So if you were to try to dim them at night with the lights on....it'll do just the opposite as what you would think they'll do. They will get bright. But that makes sense for being auto dimming when the lights get turned on.

Ok haha

CSIPSD

Reaction score
They look good, I am not a fan of a digital readout only because you have to physically look at the gauge to see what it is reading. I can look thru my peripheral vision at a full sweep gauge and know what it is reading.

Otherwise they look great, just a personal thing.

Latest posts

Members online