Air horn install 2011

dasboot

Reaction score
My air horn install: The horns were sent to me by a friend that salvaged them off of a semi-truck from a junk yard. They didn’t cost me anything. I mounted them on the passenger side under the door body side ( not on the frame). Behind it is mounted the solenoid. The compressor is a Hadley 1.5 gal compressor that I got from a Hadley distributor to dealer purchase. http://www.componentproductsgroup.com/ I believe you can also purchase retail from them. I paid $40. Something bucks. I mounted it on the frame just under the back of the cab and front of the bed. It was a perfect fit no hole drilling. The compressor is a Vivar 100c. I was going to buy the compressor and tank from, I think it was bigrpowr, but I don’t remember. He is one of the vendors or was on PSN at the time and now on PSA. He had a very good price. I highly recommend him for airhorn set ups, if you don't have another source. I have a buddy that owns PORC Performance Off Road Center and he got me a great deal on the compressor. The compressor is mounted behind the passenger side rear seat in the cab. All the tubing and fittings were either salvaged up from pieces here at work or I had to buy. Hooking everything up was basically power coming from the yellow alt wire going to the trailer plug. This is only powered when vehicle is on. The trigger wire was just hooked in to the grn/ yellow wire going to the reg. horn under the hood, so when I hit the horn on the steering wheel, it goes off. I do need to add a cut off swith to the compressor. It has a tendency to come on in the morning every once in awhile to air up when I go to start the truck. It is kinda annoying at 5 am. Thanks to all those that helped me try to figure out a couple of things

Attachments

• airhorn 001.JPG
    airhorn 001.JPG
    838.3 KB · Views: 65
  • airhorn 002.JPG
    airhorn 002.JPG
    808 KB · Views: 73
  • airhorn 003.JPG
    airhorn 003.JPG
    898.2 KB · Views: 70
  • airhorn 004.JPG
    airhorn 004.JPG
    778.7 KB · Views: 76
  • airhorn 006.JPG
    airhorn 006.JPG
    864.1 KB · Views: 68

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Looks good, I did the same thing on my daily driver dodge 12v cummins. The horn didn't work and it had a compressor/ tank for leveling bags on the rear of the truck. So I added a horn and pull valve! Air horns are the only way to go!

dasboot

Reaction score
My next toy is going to be a http://horntones.com/ The first 2 programs are going to be the sounds of an M1 abrams tank round firing and the sound of 6 50cal from a P51 fighter. Hahahaha sucka that is what happens when you do something stupid in front of me.
Thanks all!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.