Tiny pieces of metal in fuel

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
So my truck is at the shop getting head studs and a few other mods done. I was at the shop while the fuel rail was being disconnected. The guy that's working on my truck drained it into a cap and showed me the tiny particles of metal in the fuel. Assuming this is from the hpfp. This can't be good rite? Is it on it's way out? I got 86K on the truck

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
You I figured that wouldn't be good. And that's the first thing I thought was that it def can't be good for the injectors

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
Yeah sucks. I wasn't there to get studs either but after finding traces of coolant in the exhaust side of the turbos I kind of had no choice. So the bill keeps adding up

Shipmate

Reaction score
Damn Arron! I am sorry to hear this. I am about to do studs in your old 6.4 here soon.

Luke

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I was going to do studs eventually so I guess sooner than later is better. The disturbing thing is that I by no means beat on my truck so I wasn't expecting any head gasket problems. I had a good bit of moisture behind the egr blocker flange. I am going to go head and upgrade valve springs and push rods while it's torn down. Heads came off today and will be sent out tomorrow

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
A few pics of my truck torn down

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php