Engine trouble

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Climbing a mild grade noticed it was revving high, then a bang engine shut down. Restarted and the throttle seams stiff with no response. Codes are p2453 and p0234. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
My hood was frozen shut..-35 here. After bringing it in the shop to warm up, boot slipped off the intake. The noise it made when it came off was terrible, my girlfriend jumped outta her seat. Sounded like something broke, but its good now. Thanks for the reply forcefed.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
What ever boot it was if it is a stock one I would replace it. At least clean the boot and look on the inside of it. When my blew off it ripped the insides out of it. When my blew my girlfriend about jumped out the passenger window. Sounds like a gun going off.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Sig worthy quote right there. Thanks TroyLOL

Thanks. I have my moments. Now that I read that without the thought of the thread it sounds GREAT!!!!

Also cleaning I the connections I have had good luck on my 6.0 and my 6.4 with carb cleaner first on the metal connections then hot water with dish soap on all of them with one of those scrubber sponges from the sink. Wash again with plain water. Then after a few heat cycles re-tighten the clamps.

Latest posts

Members online