Coolant Leak

SMOKEY

Reaction score
The truck is a 08 F250 with DPF delete and HS mini max. It seems to be leaking from the cap or close to it when it is ran realy hard. I have already replaced the cap and it still does it. That meen blown headgaskets? Also truck runs good and no white smoke from exhaust and no water in the oil.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Could be. Where do you keep the coolant level. Put it on the bottom line if it is not already there and see what occurs. The level goes up quite a bit in my truck. This just gives it enough room. I would check also to see if it is really coming out of the over pressure spring part or the seal not sealing on the bottle.

Shootingstar

Reaction score
That is pretty much how mine acted. I knew I had way over boosted mine. (I hit 68 psi towing heavy when to still had stock bolts). I drove mine for several weeks keeping it below 30 psi and never lost a drop. Put mine back to stock and took it in. They measure the burn patterns on your pistons to tell if it was tuned.

SMOKEY

Reaction score
I installed an EGR cooler delete now but truck still blows coolant at low boost pressure about 25psi even if coolant is below fill line. No white smoke no hard starting and truck runs great. Also i have put several new ford coolant caps on it and it didnt help. Any advise would be great.

MINK

Reaction score
Exactly what mine did - result was blown gaskets and cracked valve seats. IMO get it fixed before a greater problem comes about.

Latest posts

Members online