U-Bolt Length

BFinMO

Reaction score
Was out looking at an F-250, 2012, the other day and was noticing the rear end configuration with the camper package. The spring pack looked very similar to that of the other 250's but included an overload spring with a small spacer between it and the traditional spring pack.

My question is if one were to remove the overload spring and the small spacer would the U-Bolts be long enough to accomidate the F-350 block in the rear? It appeared that it just might. Didnt know if anyone else had a thought.

BFinMO

Reaction score
Ok, so I dropped by the local dealer took a couple photos.

APS I'm working on a deal and may end up trading up for a 2012 F-250 that has the camper package. I dont really need or want the camper setup its just included, kinda like the chrome I'll have to ditch. Either way if this goes through I will be throwing F-350 blocks under it and leveling up the front.

Considerations I'm looking for are if how the install would be to just remove the overload, spacer, and 2" block and just putting back together with no O/L spring and 4" block. Also is there any reason I would not want to loose the overload? I dont really haul what I used to and doubt beyond my boat I'll be doing any major trailering.

Here are some pics.

F-250 with camper package.

2a322864.jpg

F-250 without camper package.

a5706fe0.jpg

Just for reference...F-350 with the taller 4" block and spacer and overload.

881f58bc.jpg

Another thing after looking at the photos here does an F-250 w/o camper pkg not come with a rear anti sway?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online