H-11s vs ARP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Going with ARP's, new converter is going in very soon, guess the custom one didnt like life lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
LOL i doubt it was the h-11s fault. Looks good tho... probably should have let the gaskets seat in a little before putting 90 psi to them

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
LOL i doubt it was the h-11s fault. Looks good tho... probably should have let the gaskets seat in a little before putting 90 psi to them

My truck has arps and had 10 miles on it before I started racing it never puked

Aaron blew his headgaskets on his race truck first dyno run hit 100 psi t
Put arps in and it didn't puked
There's a point where h-11s won't handle

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Here we go....if it's not a non-vgt vs. vgt or single vs. compound debate, it's gotta be something.

LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My truck has arps and had 10 miles on it before I started racing it never puked

Aaron blew his headgaskets on his race truck first dyno run hit 100 psi t
Put arps in and it didn't puked
There's a point where h-11s won't handle

Then how the hell did the previous engine survive 9 second passes, blown up-pipes after blown up-pipes, nitrous bottle after nitrous bottle and no problems, then he puts in a junkyard engine with a set of studs and it pukes the first time? I dont quiet get that... did his truck ever make it back on the dyno after that with the arp's? I thought it went to the track and hurt the motor on a fresh set of studs and gaskets? And we still dont even know the failure on that engine yet...

FWIW i used H-11s never seated them in, never did a retorque and sprayed the *** out of it with less than 50 miles on them... still good even now.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
What's the problem with the h-11s? Aren't they supposed to be higher strength than the ARP?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What's the problem with the h-11s? Aren't they supposed to be higher strength than the ARP?

everything has proved that they are supposed to be material wise and based on desired clamping force and percent load on the bolt the math says they should be better...

I would like to know why these trucks with h-11s are failing. No failures untill lately that i know of anyway.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

There isn't a problem with them. They have been proven on numerous high horsepower trucks. Look at the abuse that Rudy's race truck went through. That's proof enough.

redracer62

Reaction score
not that ive got a 6.4 or really high hp, but im on the 3rd time reusing my h-11's. never did the HG's go, its always been something else. i actually bent rods before the HG's blew

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
maybe a correlation between the number of times they've been reused and the failures?

Spatel23

Reaction score
IF we are counting how many times H-11s have been reused....I win! LOL

Im pretty sure Im at 5, about to be 6.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
There isn't a problem with them. They have been proven on numerous high horsepower trucks. Look at the abuse that Rudy's race truck went through. That's proof enough.
yea and just recently trucks have been making 80psi plus jeff
plus i know aarons done headgaskets on his race truck quiet a few times

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Then how the hell did the previous engine survive 9 second passes, blown up-pipes after blown up-pipes, nitrous bottle after nitrous bottle and no problems, then he puts in a junkyard engine with a set of studs and it pukes the first time? I dont quiet get that... did his truck ever make it back on the dyno after that with the arp's? I thought it went to the track and hurt the motor on a fresh set of studs and gaskets? And we still dont even know the failure on that engine yet...

FWIW i used H-11s never seated them in, never did a retorque and sprayed the *** out of it with less than 50 miles on them... still good even now.

aarons truck made two 1/8 mile track passes and didnt puke something internal failed

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
yea and just recently trucks have been making 80psi plus jeff
plus i know aarons done headgaskets on his race truck quiet a few times

I understand that. I would like to see a fresh build with brand new H-11's and properly sealed head gaskets see 80+ psi. If it doesn't hold, then I'll start believing there is an issue. Until then I am not going to acknowledge that ARP's are better than H-11 studs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online