oil leak??

3brorce

Reaction score
This probably doesnt have anything to do with tuning or anything, but I have an oil leak on the drivers side of the motor. I took my stock exhaust off, put S&B cold air intake on, rerouted CCV, and put a livewire street tune on. The oil is coming from above the exhaust manifold or somewhere. I routed the crankcase with 1 inch hose. Not coming out of there. I dont know what it could be. Any ideas?

3brorce

Reaction score
Where would the motor push oil out of if the ccv were the problem? At my location that i described. I think I am just going to put the ccv back into the intake and see if it does it again. I have a pretty large spot on the cement. 16 inches by 6 inches. not a puddle just big spot. This pushing oil out seems bad for the motor? WHat kind of damage will this cause?

3brorce

Reaction score
Leaking drivers side. Looked under there better and it kind of looks like it could be the dipstick but not sure. Or it is from under that air conditioning cooler thing. Looks almost like another except it is laying flat. Right behind the degas bottle. It is not the valve covers.

3brorce

Reaction score
Engine oil level seems high too. Just bought truck last month. It has been high just never had a leak. Put tune on now have a leak. Tuner cause higher oil pressure or?

CamTom12

Reaction score
So you just did your delete? I'm not sure where your leak is from but if your oil level is high from before I'd bet it's fuel in your oil from regen. I'd change that.

greasltn

Reaction score
Check the driver side glow plug harness. If the CCV mod is restricted the pressure could push out the GP harness causing a leak.

3brorce

Reaction score
So you just did your delete? I'm not sure where your leak is from but if your oil level is high from before I'd bet it's fuel in your oil from regen. I'd change that.

Just did the delete. Fuel would be in my oil from before the delete right? The dealer did all the oil changes before I owned it so I wouldnt think they would over fill it.

Thank you

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score
Check the driver side glow plug harness. If the CCV mod is restricted the pressure could push out the GP harness causing a leak.

The actual wiring harness with the red clip? I made sure the glow plug boots were pushed in but not the harness. The harness is all full of oil though. I get a pretty steady flow of vapor coming out of my hose from the ccv. I used parts from the stock ccv out of a 6.0. I used that 90 degree elbow that went into the stock 6.0 intake tube and 1 inch hose. Hopefully it is not that but it could be. Hopefully I just have to plug that harness back in but why would that cause an oil leak?

Thank you

greasltn

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about the electrical connection on the harness, but where it pushes thru the valve cover. If the boots aren't set right they can leak.

3brorce

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about the electrical connection on the harness, but where it pushes thru the valve cover. If the boots aren't set right they can leak.

Ok. gotcha. Thank you. Leak is pretty substantial. 16 in. by 6 in. spot. I brake cleaned oil residue off and going to have to take her for a spin to get a better look at where the oil is coming from. Thanks

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Cracked dip stick tube. Same thing happened to me. Right where its support flange bolts to the u pipe support for the turbo

3brorce

Reaction score
Cracked dip stick tube. Same thing happened to me. Right where its support flange bolts to the u pipe support for the turbo

Thank you. Did you have a major spot of oil on the ground? You are talking about the tab with the nut that is bolted by the valve cover correct?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Not so much one spot but multiple smaller spots from the wind running it everywher. Yep thats the spot

3brorce

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is the dipstick tube. Doesnt help that the oil was over full either. Did not leak once I drained two courts out. Still need to get the dipstick tube though

3brorce

Reaction score
Yea hardest part is going to be that bolt on bottom of tube. Thanks

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Bolts easy. Pryin it out was tuff on mine. Vice grips and a BFH is the trick

Latest posts

Members online