Engine oil light

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Hey guys. Went out on the higway tonight and did a few highway passes and the engine oil light came on. No dtc from the sct. Oil level is fine. No noise or smoke or performance loss. Maybe a sensor?

Sent from my Droid Charge

3brorce

Reaction score
oil pressure sender sometimes starts leaking thru the pins, pretty common on 6.0s. something to look at at least.

It is a pretty big leak. Not a puddle but the spot is 16 inches by 6 inches. You can see oil splashed on the rear axle too. I dont know what would cause this bad of a leak

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Did it go into reduced power? Make sure you check the codes with the engine running, mine would only read the P252F code running and also wouldnt clear it engine off, key on, i had to have it running in order for it to clear

BFT

Reaction score
I would think if the sensor went bad it would show a code, "sensor low" or somethig along those lines?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Im with him ^

Possibly robbing too much lpo with the compounds? Would make sense on an older truck with a larger HPOP, but not sure if that makes sense on a newer one... Just soemthing to think about

Reaction score
the oil sending unit is either on or off, it doesnt read a actual pressure. its realy just a dummy gauge for the dash, if you want to check base oil either pull the oil filter off or put a gauge to it.

Latest posts

Members online