Water/Meth discussion

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Been playing with the idea of adding water meth. Not that im having EGT problems, more that i just want a little something extra.

Is the stage 2 snow kit worth it if all i want it for is to play a little here and there? Or should i just go with a stage 1?

Next question if im using it as a power adder is it worth the money, just like a 40-50hp boost? Or is it even going to give me that kind of power?

GM Duraturd

Reaction score
It gave me a noticable SOTP power running 50% meth. The more fuel you have the more it will add. Its nothing crazy though, a very modest gain.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
But is it worth $450 to buy the snow kit? I dont think id run 50% meth very often, maybe if i was on the dyno or something but generally id just like a steady power adder that is activated by my right foot. It comes on and goes off without me even knowing!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Check out cooling mist, by far the best water injection kit on the market. Period.

Better pumps, Better injectors, Better controlers.

Watch the EGT's just stop moving, then start going down. Then notice that I am still accelerating rather quickly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmvKzlLslVU

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info joe. As far as the power side of things, if you werent worried about the EGT's and how it keeps them in check, do you think it would be worth it? I am wanting a little extra power on tap without blowing something up. Does running like a 50/50 mix of water/meth give you a pretty good boost in power or is that a bunch of garbage that they claim?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thanks for the info joe. As far as the power side of things, if you werent worried about the EGT's and how it keeps them in check, do you think it would be worth it? I am wanting a little extra power on tap without blowing something up. Does running like a 50/50 mix of water/meth give you a pretty good boost in power or is that a bunch of garbage that they claim?

I would not run more then 40% meth. I have watched the CP jump going from 40% to 50% and its not worth it.

With the meth in the mix you can feel it, but its not like a Nitrous hit, just a bit more pull. You can let off the throttle a bit and the truck keeps pulling.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I would not run more then 40% meth. I have watched the CP jump going from 40% to 50% and its not worth it.

With the meth in the mix you can feel it, but its not like a Nitrous hit, just a bit more pull. You can let off the throttle a bit and the truck keeps pulling.

yeah im not expecting anything crazy, just seeing if its a noticeable change. It would make the kit much more worth it if i towed much, but i never tow so EGT's arent ever a problem

CKBed

Reaction score
I have most of a Snow stage 1 kit laying around, its brand new, just needs a couple of fittings and a check valve. I'm quite obviously never gonna use it, so if you decide to go that way lemme know, it'll be cheap.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have most of a Snow stage 1 kit laying around, its brand new, just needs a couple of fittings and a check valve. I'm quite obviously never gonna use it, so if you decide to go that way lemme know, it'll be cheap.

Where the hell did you get your truck that dirty! LOL

Let me know what you want for it Cody, I might pick it up for the Excursion

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.