Question about HID kits before i order

Donnief

Reaction score
I have a 2001 7.3 super duty with a 2006 grille conversion. So my headlights already have a 9007 to H13 adapter. When i first did the conversion i put 55w bulbs in and it burned the adapter plugs up from heat.So i got new adapters from Dfuser and changed to 35w bulbs and havent had a problem since. I want to get a 55w Hi/low 5000k Hid kit and my question is this , since its converted i will have to get the H13 kit to fit my headlight housings. Will i have problems with it being a 55w kit? Or what will i need to fix it.

Thanks Donnie

chappy

Reaction score
No I converted to hids and the 05 headlights and they are 55w. Retro actually has the option in having the 9007 to h13 adapter built into there harness for the 55w hid kit. My suggestion would be to sell your dfuser kit and just go this route. You may still have problems trying to run the dfuser adapter harness and hids. If you just get the hid kit that has it directly wired in already I would think it would be better. I know there are people that would be willing to buy your kit off you. Here is the kit http://retro-solutions.net/product-...tml=/asc_action=SetCurrentProduct/prod_id=664 You just have to selsct f250 w/ 05up headlights for 99-04 in the vehicle selsction part. Don't forget to add psa in the coupon part to get a discount off the price.

JMart

Reaction score
I run the 35 watt retro kit and it is plenty bright, without any fogs on either.

Donnief

Reaction score
Thanks Chappy , i did exactly that i ordered the retro already set up for the upgrade. Thanks for the info.