hid issue

pog

Reaction score
Products: 55w bixenon 5k headlights/ 35w 3k fogs. Been over a year since I've installed them and have worked flawlessly until now.. Driver side headlight only turns on about 50% of the time at first start, other 50% gotta turn on/off repeat until it stays on. Then when it stays on I've noticed its not the same color as my pass side. Pass side is a nice bright cool white where my driver side is a warm yellow color (its not a 4300 bulb). Fog lights- pass side turns on for a few seconds and then when its warming up it starts to flash like a strobe light and won't stop. Driver side turns on and stays on. I've checked the plugs everything is plugged in firmly. Kinda choked its winter time with snow storms and I can't use my fogs. Solution?

Thanks

907DAVE

Reaction score
I too have been experiencing the flashing issue. Usually after a turning it off and on again it starts working normally.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Products: 55w bixenon 5k headlights/ 35w 3k fogs. Been over a year since I've installed them and have worked flawlessly until now.. Driver side headlight only turns on about 50% of the time at first start, other 50% gotta turn on/off repeat until it stays on. Then when it stays on I've noticed its not the same color as my pass side. Pass side is a nice bright cool white where my driver side is a warm yellow color (its not a 4300 bulb). Fog lights- pass side turns on for a few seconds and then when its warming up it starts to flash like a strobe light and won't stop. Driver side turns on and stays on. I've checked the plugs everything is plugged in firmly. Kinda choked its winter time with snow storms and I can't use my fogs. Solution?

Thanks
Mine wasnt flashing but the whole different color deal. Had same issue with my truck, tried everything (new ballasts, bulbs, harness) nothing could resolve it. Even tried the kit on another truck. Back to silverstars couldn't be happier. HIDs in box in barn haha.

Pmac21

Reaction score
I had problems with my passenger side not coming on, but it was because of a bad ground. After cleaning a little paint off it's been flawless ever since.

retrosolutions

Reaction score
Sounds like power supply. For one, the Ford trucks NEED a wiring harness on the fog lamps because the factory wiring is very restrictive here.

Symptoms of lacking voltage:
- intermittent, troubled ignition
- bulb color temperature increased (more blue) as ballast output is decreased
- flickering
- bulb scorching (chronic, severe, or long term uncorrected issue)
- symptoms vary with the weather (all kidding aside)

Best thing to do is contact us directly for steps to correct any issues before permanent damage occurs!

pog

Reaction score
so i did a few things changed around ballasts/bulbs and im sure the ballast is gone on pass side fog. i switched ballasts and the driver side started to do the same thing (flash like a strobe light). then i plugged pass side bulb into driver side ballast and perfect no issues with bulb. now the prong on the pass side ballast is a lil rusty (i didnt dielectric, i know my bad) which i guess is could be causing issue. i tried scraping the surface of it but no help. as far as the headlight goes i re-checked the connections and i will find out after it sits for a while to see what happens.

retrosolutions

Reaction score
so i did a few things changed around ballasts/bulbs and im sure the ballast is gone on pass side fog. i switched ballasts and the driver side started to do the same thing (flash like a strobe light). then i plugged pass side bulb into driver side ballast and perfect no issues with bulb. now the prong on the pass side ballast is a lil rusty (i didnt dielectric, i know my bad) which i guess is could be causing issue. i tried scraping the surface of it but no help. as far as the headlight goes i re-checked the connections and i will find out after it sits for a while to see what happens.

No dielectric would be a cause of issue. If its not used, its not a matter of if but a matter of when...:doh:
No worries though, we'll help you get everything all fixed up there. For the corrosion, definitely check the plug on the harness too, because it will likely be on both sides of a contact where present.
We can give you some tips as to how to clean off the pins on the ballast side, prepare the contacts for use again... the harness though is awfully difficult and just easier to replace usually.
Stay in contact with us via direct EMAIL though please, its much faster!

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Why not make a sticky of tips to get the best results out of your system. Cause there have been several of us that have been having similar problems.
I had a bad ballast however I never saw any directions that said to use dielectric grease to the connectors.
I guess I need to add that to my to do list.

retrosolutions

Reaction score
Why not make a sticky of tips to get the best results out of your system. Cause there have been several of us that have been having similar problems.
I had a bad ballast however I never saw any directions that said to use dielectric grease to the connectors.
I guess I need to add that to my to do list.

Please check you order confirmation emails for the link to the instructions. Yes yes, as men, directions are optional.... so that is why we refer to them as required reading instead!

We will build a self-help database all in good time, that is the plan anyway, but we do have almost all the tips in those instructions that come with every order email for now. Just we can't get people to read them! <- please take no offense, not directed at anyone in particular.

Members online

No members online now.