Can't find a wvo or WMO source!!!

Pbguy420

Reaction score
Help!!! I really want to get my truck running on something cheaper. I have the money to drop to get it going right now. I'm new to the alternative fuel world and just started reading on WMO and wvo tho I can't find a no **** designated thread with a bunch of info on it all.

Before I study any more I need to actually secure an oil source which I'm having trouble doing. Where do y'all get it in bulk? I don't want to be making runs picking up 2 gallons at a time...

I've called the local fast food places, they all sell to "valley proteins" who won't return my calls about buying from them non commercially. I've also called autozone to see what they do with their used motor oil but the guy was useless.

Like I said I have no preference between them from what I know about either method but I just need a source.

I'm in costal nc between Raleigh and Wilmington...

Any help is appreciated, I figured i should find a fuel source before I study more into it to see if I can even economically do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Try going to lube and go places and tell them what you are trying to do. or start saving your oil from oil changes ask your neighbors to do it too. Do their oil change in exchange for the used oil. Just an idea to get you rollin.

Pbguy420

Reaction score
In the research I've done so far I've found a few year old posts that are saying WMO is better than wvo. Are both about the same cost for equipment and such? Will the v3 vehistroke system work with Wmo

bluedge8

Reaction score
imo, you need to decide on one or the other, I personally cant come to trust waste oil going thru my inj's- will solvents be in the oil? how do you know it does/doesn't have solvents in it?. wvo can have similar problems but if you work with your source to make sure there isn't any cleaning solvents you should be a lot safer, I personally think wvo is the way to go but I too have never developed a source good enough to set the truck up for. Either way, you have to put your feet to the ground and have that personality that can help sell yourself

caladash

Reaction score
I got some used motor oil that I've been meaning to get rid of!! I'm about 40 minutes from Wilmington. 20 from Jacksonville.

fordfan30

Reaction score
I would prefer to run wvo but everyone is fighting for it and offering to pay so I went with wmo. I place ads on craigslist sometimes and I got some business cards to hand out and magnets for the vehicles from vistaprint. I also let people at work, neighbors, and friends all know what I do and they are glad to help me out. It going to be hard to pick up any oil now because shops are heating on oil. Its much more plentiful in warmer months around my area.

Pbguy420

Reaction score
I would like to settle on a source boss! That's the point if the thread, I would rather go wvo, but if I can't secure a source will have to go WMO....
I just can't find any veggi oil at all and motor oil is only being found in small quantities

TyCorr

Reaction score
Then its probably not feasible. A good fuel source is one of abundance. If something is scarce, to you especially, is a poor source of fuel. Id reconsider this. Get your supply in order first.

caladash

Reaction score
I've been all over Jacksonville looking for a source. I had a good one lined up until it fell through. I was picking up 80 gallons of wvo a week from the chow hall on base. Some msgt saw me and killed it. Companies actually pay for this stuff. It was contracted for someone to pick the stuff up. Most if not all are like that. Unless you can find a new restaurant opening up and catch them before they hire someone it's hard to find a solid source. There is actually a biofuel co'op in Wilmington last I checked. Might be worth contacting them.

Mdub707

Reaction score
If you ever read the contracts, the restaurant does NOT have to give them all of their oil. It basically reads that once they put it in the renderer's dumpster, it becomes property of the renderer. The restaurant can choose to not put it in there and give it to you though. You can also counter offer more money if you choose. It's not always worth it, but if you have a source with GOOD clean oil, it is. Even if you had to pay $1 a gallon for it, it still beats paying $4+ at the pump doesn't i?

Latest posts

Members online