Question on front ends

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I have a friend who wrecked his truck and wants to know if the front end of 99 to present front end are bolt on interchangeables? He is wanting to do a old 7.3 to a 2012 front end.

thnaks

BFinMO

Reaction score
I believe it is doable. I saw a video of an excursion that was converted on the front end but still sounded like a 6.0L. I'll see if I can find it.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
ok kewl thanks and I thnk 7.3 as well its hard with the music in the back ground

Dieselfarmer

Reaction score
lots of 7.3l trucks were leaf sprung. If he is putting it into a newer coil sprung truck it wont work. Also hubs have changed to vacume actuated. also ABS wiring maybe different. make sure he checks gear ratios too, new truck have real low (numerically) 3:31 and 3:55 gears when many of the oldies were not

6.0Dually

Reaction score
lots of 7.3l trucks were leaf sprung. If he is putting it into a newer coil sprung truck it wont work. Also hubs have changed to vacume actuated. also ABS wiring maybe different. make sure he checks gear ratios too, new truck have real low (numerically) 3:31 and 3:55 gears when many of the oldies were not

Why won't it work on a coil sprung truck?

bigcountrysg

Reaction score

I think the OP is asking about the body parts only not the actual front axle.

I am sure you could make the front end of a 2012 work on an older truck. Just might take a bit of modifications to both the front body parts and the older body.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
thats what I was wondering about he doesnt want to do a transplate of engines just body parts.

I think the OP is asking about the body parts only not the actual front axle.

I am sure you could make the front end of a 2012 work on an older truck. Just might take a bit of modifications to both the front body parts and the older body.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.