Recommendation for a brake controller?

Snake

Reaction score
Looking to put a electric brake controller in a 2007 Envoy and am not sure which one to buy. The Envoy already has a tow package and the correct plug, but no controller. Looking for something that is safe, reliable, effective, and easy to use since my wife is the primary driver. Bang for the buck wouldn't hurt either.

I've been looking at either the Voyager or the Prodigy, both from Tekonsha.

Your recommendations?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I had a Prodigy in my 04 and liked it. Just a little more time consuming setting up, more so if you tow a lot of different weights. But I did like the fact that it was progressive and not all at once pull from the trailer.

farm boy

Reaction score
Digital is the only way to go. I know where to set it for my different trailers. No locking up the tires when you first hook up...

Snake

Reaction score
This is my favorite. Best bang for your buck IMO.

http://www.drawtite.com/dt5500.html

I think if it was for my truck, I'd go with the Prodigy P2. But after doing some more research on the 5500 and checking with the local trailer shops and what they're installing, the 5500 will be going into my wife's Envoy. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the P2 has, but that also means my wife will be focusing on driving rather than tweaking the controller.

Thanks all for the feedback. It definitely helped.

Snake

Reaction score
Have to LOL

Went to drop the Envoy off and started asking questions about the 5500 and the Prodigy P3. I changed my mind. Again. LOL

P3 is in and making its first run today.

Thanks again everyone. Much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.