Injector sticking????

bigastrk

Reaction score
What are some signs of the injectors sticking on these? Or is it just a sudden runaway scenerio?

I ask this because I am running the H&S mini with just the canned tunes they offer on my 08 F450 and at about 40 mph or so if I set at that speed or approximate throttle position then I let off the throttle and it seems to hang for a split second or so. I had this same tuner on my 08 F350 and had no issues but since then I have done the latest and greatest update from H&S's website.

So does it sound like I might be having a sticking injector or possibly something just acting up with the tunes? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jesse

Dzchey21

Reaction score
sounds like its tune related but hard to say.

Best thing to do is watch fuel rail pressure and injector pulse width when you do it, when you let out of the throttle they both should drop pretty fast. I do know with some of the bigger spartan tunes and others they were kinda delaying the decel to keep the trucks from bucking and surging after getting into it.

A hung injector will probably haze non stop, but i suppose it depends on how bad it is.

bigastrk

Reaction score
They do seem to have a tick type sound to them. I thought that it was fairly normal for these injectors to be kind of loud. It seems to be loudest upon semi hard acceleration. But the rail pressure holds just fine.