Scanner question

Wemoy1

Reaction score
This is kind of of topic but I have been looking at scan tools like the snap on solus, and the genisus. but I found a scan tool called auto Enginuity does anyone know anything about these tools?

Thanks

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Imo it is the best bang for your buck scanner. I have never had any complaints with mine.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
ok do any of you use it for a buisness or just your own trucks?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What are you wanting to do with it? I think you would be better off buying a Dashdaq from Drewtech and adding the Ford Enhanced PID's

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I am wanting to be able to make alittle money on the side working on powerstrokes every one around my place will work on cummins or Dmax but dont want to work on powerstrokes. I have a dashdaq for my 6.4 but am looking for a good scan tool to do diagnostics

mortal798

Reaction score
Don't buy a Genisys. I teach Auto Tech at a community college, and we have 5 of them. I would recommend a Hannatech Ultrascan, a Snap-on Verus, or a Ford IDS. If you want to work exclusively on Ford products, get the IDS. There is a VCMII coming out soon that will be priced at $899, with $450/year software.

Anybody that has an IDS or has used one can attest - there's nothing better than what the dealer uses.

Reaction score
if you want to work on powerstrokes ids is the way to go,the vcm 2 is pretty nice my dads dealership just got one cant wait till we get one

Wemoy1

Reaction score
how much are ids or vcm2if they are cloe to a used solus i will go that route even

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Anybody that has an IDS or has used one can attest - there's nothing better than what the dealer uses.

This! That is what we have and use. It's very nice and easy to work with!

I haven't searched yet or really looked into it. But my question is, what are the differences between the original VCM and the VCM II?

Latest posts

Members online