Traction Bars to help with towing?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Alright so I have heard some say trac bars will help you...others say no. My problem is I get bad wheel hop when towing our goosenecks. Even on my lowest tow setting, starting from a stop I will load the truck up and it can be horribly jerky. I'm just looking for some opinions from those who have them and tow heavy.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Alright so I have heard some say trac bars will help you...others say no. My problem is I get bad wheel hop when towing our goosenecks. Even on my lowest tow setting, starting from a stop I will load the truck up and it can be horribly jerky. I'm just looking for some opinions from those who have them and tow heavy.

do it, you will never look back

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Thats kinda what I've been hearing...I just need to nut up and buy my bar ends so vanderchevy18 can weld em up for me. I would like to get them in before the drags but I doubt that will happen. I'll get my new hpop in on Saturday then leave for Oklahoma Sunday, then coming back the next Friday to help him prep his rig for the drags.

You running a set?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Thats kinda what I've been hearing...I just need to nut up and buy my bar ends so vanderchevy18 can weld em up for me. I would like to get them in before the drags but I doubt that will happen. I'll get my new hpop in on Saturday then leave for Oklahoma Sunday, then coming back the next Friday to help him prep his rig for the drags.

You running a set?

Nope, haha.......... need a set though... axle wrap gets a lil wild off the line... ill see you at chris's friday it sounds... infamous will be there as well

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan...can't wait to see infamous. And a little birdie told me there would be pretty females there...is this correct? ;)

atleast one i know for sure, she lives in wichita..... hopefully 2 more.... infamous should be all polished up and perty when it gets there.... don't mind the curb rash on the front wheel..... (its factory)

STAX

Reaction score
I just installed Caltracs on mine, I love em. Towing the boat is much smoother. Not heavy tho... ~3k

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Be sure to make them adjustable from either end using LH threads and RH threads on your heims so that you can adjust them if necessary going from a load to no load.

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
it feels better towing with them personally, hauling straw and such down to the amish down shifting goin up them steep ass hills its solid and gets power to the ground with no vibrations

genuineford

Reaction score
If they are installed correctly and built correctly they will not need to be adjustable. This is the heaviest picture I have of my truck towing with the traction bars.

Stroker#66

Reaction score
A very cheap way of making them is if you or you know someone that works on med/heavy duty trucks to keep the old tie rod bars if they are replaced. They are already rh and Lh threads and are super strong

Ross3031

Reaction score
Be sure to make them adjustable from either end using LH threads and RH threads on your heims so that you can adjust them if necessary going from a load to no load.

Angle needs to be within 5° to keep suspension functional w/o binding.

If they are installed correctly and built correctly they will not need to be adjustable.

Alright, now im confused. I order'd my parts from Ballistic last week to build mine. I have TERRIBLE axle wrap, especially while towing, and i tow 15k-20k on a weekly basis.

My bars will be adjustable, but didnt expect to have to adjust them everytime I take the trailer on and off..

What angle needs to be within 5 degree???

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Alright, now im confused. I order'd my parts from Ballistic last week to build mine. I have TERRIBLE axle wrap, especially while towing, and i tow 15k-20k on a weekly basis.

My bars will be adjustable, but didnt expect to have to adjust them everytime I take the trailer on and off..

What angle needs to be within 5 degree???

You wont need to adjust them every time. The angle matching is to keep the rear end from binding when articulating.

Latest posts

Members online