Factory head unit size

01platinum

Reaction score
I am looking for the factory head unit size. I put in a double din unit that had a 7" screen and is no where close to fitting. There are gaps on both sides and the unit sticks out from the dash. I am looking for a double din that will fill the factory head unit location.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

AKHILF

Reaction score
Stocks 1 3/4 din. In order to put a double din in a 99-04 you have to trim about an 1/8" top and bottom of your dash. It really isnt hard and only takes a couple mins. Your first time will take a little longer just trim a little see if it fits and so on. There really arnt any nice 1 3/4 din decks out there

01platinum

Reaction score
Is that just a standard stereo or a 6 disc radio? I forgot to mention I had a 6 disc. What about the fit on the sides?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

BKN101

Reaction score
Justin it's a pain but when it done it will look good lol I had to trim about an 1/8 top and bottom on my dash for it to fit

Agjake11

Reaction score
it can be trimmed to fit top and bottom and looks clean with the metra kit.

old radio

42c1e89f.jpg

AKHILF

Reaction score
Just trim the top and bottom. The sides will be fine, and yes thats for a 6 disc. It really isnt hard. Buy a kit for a double din off ebay or something and it will look great

01platinum

Reaction score
I will look around. I have a kenwood and bought the kit from kenwood. I will cut the dash and see how it fits then. Thanks for the help.

jwlandry

Reaction score
mine fit in there perfect for the most part. the trim ring is the only thing that the trim ring wouldnt fit due to it being so tight at the top and bottom.

imelmo

Reaction score
So they make a double din kit for the '03 SuperDutys but you have to trim top and bottom for it to fit if I'm reading this correctly. Am I, lol? That's probably the next thing I'm going to address in this truck. THis is what's in it now. :doh:

5218ba4a.jpg

Latest posts

Members online