Temperature reading in center gauge cluster?!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I was browsing flebay and noticed something in a picture on a 2012 XLT F250:
$(KGrHqZHJDQE8fdBgM(8BPLJ1FQ5)Q~~_4.jpg

^The gauge clusters shows the temperature directly next to the trucks direction (just above 138mi to Empty).
I know my lariat shows it just to the right on the HVAC control panel, but is there some way I can make the temp appear in the center monitor? I know it's a minor thing, but this would be a really cool feature and I'm not sure why I couldn't do it considering the gauges are all relatively wired and controlled.
I'll say this- it is an XLT with manual HVAC controls. Not sure if the 2011s had a similar feature.
Here's a link to the truck for anyone who wants more info on it... I know it's an ebay link, but just in case:
2012 F250 XLT Premium

Thanks for the help guys!

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Its probably something they changed in 2012, just like from 08-10 they moved the trailer brake to the dash instead of the numbers by the upfitter switches

6L strokin

Reaction score
it could also just be there since its not a larait and probably doesnt have it on the gauge cluster too nate... anybody with an xlt similar package chime in?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
it could also just be there since its not a larait and probably doesnt have it on the gauge cluster too nate... anybody with an xlt similar package chime in?

That's what I thought too bud.
Maybe someone with an 11 XLT premium can tell us. Or better yet, a '12 lariat ultimate.
I think you're right though Darin, probably just supplemented for the lack of HVAC controls.

Maybe Eric can tune the dash lol

6L strokin

Reaction score
LOL im sure eric can do whatever the eff he wants to that cluster!! that was an awful sweet status to the wifey on fb too btw nate! <3 ;) lol

6L strokin

Reaction score
side note... i dont see why ford wouldnt have done a factory egt probe and had the option to view egts where the engine oil & trans temp gauges are... plenty of room on the display and shouldnt have cost more than $150 as an option....

cfdeng7

Reaction score
side note... i dont see why ford wouldnt have done a factory egt probe and had the option to view egts where the engine oil & trans temp gauges are... plenty of room on the display and shouldnt have cost more than $150 as an option....

Because stock tuning is designed to never create dangerous egts.

6L strokin

Reaction score
Because stock tuning is designed to never create dangerous egts.

diesels are made for towing right? what gauge are you supposed to monitor most when towing especially heavy up steel grades..????

and to oppose that arguement, why did ford even put ANY gauges on the truck then?!? not to be smart just making points to back up my statement

dpi92231

Reaction score
I dont know about the xlt but my lariat has the temp gauge. It shows oil and trans oil temp

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online