hybrid injectors??

STROKER

Reaction score
I'm interested in hybrids, but you never see anything in the forums about em.
Just wanting to know the pros and cons
I know the basics more fuel with less oil, but what are the cons besides price do they have bad oil dillusion do they haze real bad.
Scool me on em please!:thumbup:

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
For a daily driver truck I would not recommend hybrids. For a toy/track truck I would definetly recommend them!

I've have a few different sets of hybrids in my truck and they all have had bad fuel dillution with the oil but in a toy it really isnt a big deal if you change your oil often.

STROKER

Reaction score
Thanks shawn, my trucks not a daily driver just a weekend toy to play around with I was debating about 285s but I don't know if that'll be safe on stock rods

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
canadian redneck is tyler(hes a bit of a homo)LOL

hybrids are definitly something you put in a weekend worrior or competition truck, wouldn't recommend them on long hauls. but if your looking for serious hp thats the way togo

STROKER

Reaction score
:doh: hybrids are looking more like the way to go, do you think 285s are safe for stock internals or should I be worried

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm assuming a 6.0 hybrid is made much like a 7.3 hybrid, with a wider P&B, but where does it come from? Is it one-off?

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
:doh: hybrids are looking more like the way to go, do you think 285s are safe for stock internals or should I be worried

I would be worried but that's just me.....285cc hybrids have the potential to make some SERIOUS HP if they are setup correctly. You ever play russian roulette before??? LOL

motoxracer42

Reaction score
depending on who your getting them from they might not be what your looking for. i ran 260cc hybrids last year and put down 1097hp. i bumped them up to 285cc and dropped icp and went slower. i bent rods with the 260s also.

STROKER

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, did u bend a rod on fuel or with the giigle gas, if I do get them it will only get sprayed a few times it would mainly be fuel only for sled pulling

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, did u bend a rod on fuel or with the giigle gas, if I do get them it will only get sprayed a few times it would mainly be fuel only for sled pulling

i sprayed two stages at it in redding last year and made 7 passes back to back. won the event and drove it home lol. it was fine for weeks of daily driving and then one day on my way home from the river and rolled into it with the converter locked and broke the tires loose lol. when i let off i heard some knocking. pulled over and listened to it from underneath and knew it. drove 15 miles home and pulled the motor. dont really know what did it but it was on fuel when it happened.

STROKER

Reaction score
Well as it stands now the heads are out of my truck hopefully gonna get them milled today and really thinking bout doing the injectors, hate to ask this but what do you think the truck would put down on a dyno on fuel with the 285s or with a single probably 100 shot of spray, just trying to see how nervous I should be haha

motoxracer42

Reaction score
Whats your icp at wot right now? when i went from conventionals to hybrids i gained 6hp on the same dyno lol.

STROKER

Reaction score
I honestly am not sure I don't have a gauge I'v:doh::doh:e been meaning to get one though

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
For stock oil, hybrids are the way to go but if you are shooting for fuel only power a conventional injector of the same size will make more power.

STROKER

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that my 225s are dropping my icp, and I would like to get more fuel out of her so I figure hybrids are the way to go

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
All depends on which company is making them. There are a few different ways of modifying the internals

That is a lot of words not to actually say anything. Can you be more specific. I still don't understand, I know what a hybrid on a 7.3L injector is, but I don't know of another injector that is similar to the 6.0.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
honestly for the price i would stick to conventionals for pulling. you probably wont gain much on fuel. gains are much more noticeable when the giggle gas is being used lol.

Latest posts

Members online