Need help monitoring EGTs on Spartan/Dashdaq

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Hey guys,*
So my question is for all the guys running spartan/dashdaq... I need to hook up an EGT reading somehow. I have a autometer gauge for it but I am having no luck finding a way to hook it up. I also have the H&S EGT kit with the block off plate containing a port for a sensor. The issue is that the port is 1/4" threads and the autometer fitting is 1/8th"... I have looked for adapters but they are all "pipe" thread, not machined like the port in the H&S plates... Any help would be great. I may just have to have a custom piece made.
Thanks guys
Kaleb

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Guaranteed they are NPT threads. I've never seen an EGT probe that's not npt and I've run autometer, vdo, isspro, and dipricol gauges.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
On the 6.7 you just use a dpf temp sensor in the egr plate for your pyro source. No need to buy a egr probe, it will read off of that.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
It hooks to the EGR outlet temp sensor harness under the intake elbow. I'm not sure if it will work with the Spartan or not as I've only done it on a Blackmaxx. But you also need to select factory pyro source as well.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Hmmm I'll look at it. As of right now I have a factor sensor plugging the hole that is in the block off plate. I just have the connector zip-tied off... I'll look around and see. I know for sure that the spartan does have the ability to read all of the factory pyro sensors but non of them are hooked up... Maybe I can find one to plug back up... If not do you think I could wire in the factory sensor into the wiring harness of the autometer?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Got it working, Using an Autometer Pyro and Rudys Diesel EGT kit. heres the finished mount

52D92E36-8D8F-42C8-9448-699E8CAE93C0.jpg

7CBF2198-7FBD-4BFA-B6F3-BF2A93F07938.jpg

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
That option only works if you keep the dpf.

If you keep the DPF you won't be able to remove the sensor. And I talked with Spartan the other day, they are working on a solution to this now and should have it solved shortly. For now the DPF sensor as a EGT probe only works on egr deleted 6.7's running a H&S unit.

Abrannan19

Reaction score
If you keep the DPF you won't be able to remove the sensor. And I talked with Spartan the other day, they are working on a solution to this now and should have it solved shortly. For now the DPF sensor as a EGT probe only works on egr deleted 6.7's running a H&S unit.

:rockon:

Good info,Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online