input needed on subs..

oneturboforme

Reaction score
So I have a 08cc and I'm going with buckets in the rear... So my question is 2 15s or 4 12s..... I have one 15 in it alreasy, I'm kinda leaning toward the 4 12s myself think the box will look nicer and not as bulky .. next question ported or sealed? I know with this many subs bass won't be a problem so im leaning toward a sealed box for tighter bass.... Thank

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Do you have the automatic sliding rear window? That makes it real tight behind the seats.

If not you will just have to measure for boxes and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

TSSEMT2010

Reaction score
why not just get 1 15" and port it? i had 4 12s ported in my f150 on 3 batteries and a high output alternator and it was nice and loud still sounded clean, but i took the subs out and now everything in that truck rattles when i hit a bump. just something to think about, and i had 3 layers of sound deadener all around the truck

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I hear ya I had a tundra that had the same rattling problem... I'm just not happy with my 15 right now it is a seal and not ported box but it seems to hit low and won't pick up the higher frequencys

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Umm old country or rap.... I know weird combo

I listen to country and rap and rock and all too.

The worst part about that is that they in so much of a different spectrum that its hard to build any box to suit both genres to the best of their ability. I would say ported tuned to 34 will give you about the best with both that you could get. And i would port it using Aero ports.

If you need any help on purchasing equipment or box designs or anything feel free to PM me, i can get subs, HUs, Amps, Wire, batteries and tons of other stuff.

jdc753

Reaction score
I hear ya I had a tundra that had the same rattling problem... I'm just not happy with my 15 right now it is a seal and not ported box but it seems to hit low and won't pick up the higher frequencys

Not sure how much higher of frequencies you are trying to go with your sub, but they really shouldn't be playing much more than 80hz and if anything should be as low as can be. Mine is actually crossed at 50hz and my mids go down to 63hz.

Just thinking maybe some better door speakers would really help you out more than adding subs. Now don't get me wrong, I am ALL for adding more bass though :rockon:

As Worstenemy is getting at a Ported box can be designed and built to walk all over a sealed box, BUT it is going to be sorta tricky to get right, since there are soo many factors that work into the design and not a 100% precise science. Sealed will have some limitations when it comes to overall output, however much easier to design/impliment and will require a much smaller volume, where properly porting even a pair of 15's will probably take up you whole center console, thinking in the neighborhood of 8-10ft^3 for the box including the port volume, maybe more to get the lows out of it.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I have Boston pros... With a Boston amp i love them, I'm probably going to go with the 3 12s and a sealed box im sure the output for my truck will be fine....

I saw your 4l7s and they look sick.. good work

jdc753

Reaction score
I have Boston pros... With a Boston amp i love them, I'm probably going to go with the 3 12s and a sealed box im sure the output for my truck will be fine....

Nice, Boston Pro 60's are a nice set, and 3 12's should easily have plenty of output for you :evil

AKHILF

Reaction score
I dont have any real good pictures but here they are.
f94e8888.jpg

b6c90253.jpg

The back seats moved forward about 3 or 4" I cant remember for sure. The box is huge though. I had 4 L5 10's in the truck before and the box was a lot smaller. And now I have a zx2500.1 powering them

Zmann

Reaction score
very cool
I can't move my seat forward that much my kids are to big lol

thanks for the pics

AKHILF

Reaction score
My friend thats 6'2 sits back there his knees touch the seat only a little. Let me put it this way, theres still more leg room that a quad cab cummins

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Man things are changing got the seats mounted in the truck and I gotta say the buckets are way nice way more comfortible and the center console looks good, I have a lot more room in the back of the seats now probable close to a foot I thinking 5 10" will be perfect Haha gotta bust out the phoenix gold that's been sleeping awhile